Logic synth plugins suddenly displaced

NikolaiSO
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Hi!

All my synth tracks in my logic project suddenly changed their sounds and displaced the track info (like the plugin used, effects in the chain, etc.) on to other synth tracks... Different synth sound on all of them and the routing seems also messed up for some reason. In my "Revert to" box it only had 1 backup, which I did a couple of minutes prior, and that was "broken" too. I have now tried going into the alternatives folder in Finder and replacing the projectdata file with another from one of the alternatives, but without fixing any of the issues... It's just the synth/midi patches that has been altered. The guitars and the audio files wasn't tampered with at all.

Have anyone had a similar experience occur ever? Any tips/help is greatly appreciated cuz I already got enough work to do already before this clownfest happened:(

PICS:

*As you can see the marked synth track is not the same that it is supposed to be. The Orbital Jupiter plugins SHOULD be on the hard panned L/R tracks for example.*

304712329_Skjermbilde2020-07-23kl_22_05_31.thumb.png.c7c47b0df08264766432e7b442c2d6df.png

1525032195_Skjermbilde2020-07-23kl_22_04_28.thumb.png.28740351b4f08fb80b5bea18148e0d07.png

Thanks for replies!

There is a chance that I might have had two projects open at the same time, so I can't rule that out.

But..

Yesterday I finally got the project up and running with its correct midi sounds and routing again. Only for it to happen ONCE AGAIN in the same project. Me, learning from my mistake, and because the "Revert to" backup feature within the broken project gets corrupted and won't work; I already had four separate other backups just in case it were to happen again, so I was saved this time. The only thing is, since the bug first happened and between the second, I am certain that I have not opened multiple projects at the same time which makes me wonder if the project is bound to randomly bug out now and again, and if I should create a completely new and fresh project and replicate every single track and setting there instead of continuing inside my backup duplicates of the fixed project.

And how come Apple/Logic haven't fixed this issue?? It's a MAJOR time consumer and work flow destroyer. I talked with a producer friend and he had experienced the same issue on a project for a client, just with a whopping 150 midi tracks he had to recover.. I can't imagine the work that would've been.

I haven't seen it outside the case I outlined.

And how come Apple/Logic haven't fixed this issue??

If you can list the exact actions and circumstances to reliably make it happen, you have a pretty good chance to get it fixed. Otherwise, what should the developers search for in millions of lines of code ?

If a project is corrupted, yes, it can remain corrupted no matter what you try to save it. In that case it's better to recreate it (new project, then use Selective Track Import to get content, plugins, automation, tempo map, markers, etc. across). You might have to re-build any convoluted routings you did. Not nice but appears doable.

If it is caused by having multiple sessions simultaneously, I hope they are working on a fix there at least:) Would be hard to replicate my issue with this since it happens so out of nowhere.

I will be trying out the importing method into a fresh project and see if the problem ever reoccurs! Hopefully this will fix this. Thanks!

Whilst trying to import everything into a brand new project my audio files doesn't line up correctly/the same as they are in the other project. It seems like the audio regions are "quantized" to the grid so the start of the audio begins at the new bar. This makes my audio be out of time because most of my audio has a bit of silent audio in front of the bar so I don't lose any transients or experience any pops. Is there an easy fix to this?

(The markers and time signatures are also imported completely wrong, but I can just place these manually. I don't mind)

Yup!

Only I am importing everything so I just dragged the mouse down on everything and pressed the right arrow key to check off everything. Except that, the exact same action. Folder track stacks also stops working in the new project, but I just replace them with new ones

Whilst trying to import everything into a brand new project my audio files doesn't line up correctly/the same as they are in the other project. (...) (The markers and time signatures are also imported completely wrong, but I can just place these manually. I don't mind)

That really isn't normal behavior, and there are many ways to troubleshoot this so that you can pinpoint the culprit.

For example, try saving a copy of the source project with only one audio track. See if you can import it correctly in a new empty project?

The goal is to simplify the procedure to a point where it becomes easy for anyone to reproduce, in which case it can be reported as a bug, if it is one.

In my previously broken project I suddenly found two tracks I didn't recognize at first called Bass High and Bass Low, and they had nothing on em which was super weird. Now I open another of my projects, and boom there they are. SO, I am quite positive that the initial bug is caused by opening multiple sessions at once and them tangling the setup of the main project. I hope that they are working on a fix for this, but now at least I know what may have caused it initially.

Regarding the abnormal behaviour of the session importing, I'll experiment with single tracks to see if that imports any different! Thanks!!

897176732_Skjermbilde2020-07-29kl_01_44_04.thumb.png.61ff15a043e4d298f0d089e985af8c1e.png