Just wanted to check with you guys re: Apple Loops

anp27
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

28433 here. Everything in Sound Library is installed.

Wow highest number here so far. Do you also have Garageband and Final Cut Pro installed? I've always installed everything in the Sound Library Manager all these years so I don't know what's going on exactly. I don't like the possibility of missing files on my computer when I've made sure I've downloaded everything, makes me think like there might be something wrong with my computer which I really don't like. I'm debating on whether I should just reinstall the entire Sound Library because this doesn't seem right...

whether I should just reinstall the entire Sound Library

I'd rather have you create some music, and I expect some extraordinary stuff to emerge from the severe limitations in your sound palette which should and will trigger your creativity.

that's generous, really, considering it's the 'missing 72 loops' where all the magic happens...

28433 here. Everything in Sound Library is installed.

Wow highest number here so far. Do you also have Garageband and Final Cut Pro installed? I've always installed everything in the Sound Library Manager all these years so I don't know what's going on exactly. I don't like the possibility of missing files on my computer when I've made sure I've downloaded everything, makes me think like there might be something wrong with my computer which I really don't like. I'm debating on whether I should just reinstall the entire Sound Library because this doesn't seem right...

This content goes back further than that, way before there was even a Sound Library Manager - things like the original Jam Packs, the Soundtrack Pro content, various other GB and iLife packs and so on. New users won't have much of that old stuff, and not all of it is available even if you install the legacy content stuff.

And FWIW, my number, 32260, was the highest here, even if you eliminate the necessary dupes Logic needs locally to work without the external drive mounted (1830), leaving 30430...

But really, don't sweat it. If all the stuff is ticked in the library manager, then you're good - relax and enjoy..!

whether I should just reinstall the entire Sound Library

I'd rather have you create some music, and I expect some extraordinary stuff to emerge from the severe limitations in your sound palette which should and will trigger your creativity.

With all do respect I actually make a living doing music these past few decades. It's the only job I've ever had since I was born. The reason why I was asking about the loops wasn't because I want to/need to use them, it's because I'm doing some cleaning up on my computer, just going over all the files/apps installed, making sure every app I have on my computer is working correctly and fixing any issues I might find. I'm admittedly a bit OCD too so I like having full control over everything. I don't like the thought of missing files or missing anything on my computer, I want to know exactly where everything is and that everything is where they're supposed to be at all times.

I actually didn't really appreciate immediately getting ridiculed by some you simply because I was asking about the loops, in fact I was a bit surprised because I've been a member here for quite a bit and I've grown to know and respect most of you and hold most of you to some very high standards. But automatically assuming I rely on them or that I am in desperate need of them or something and then lashing out? ... I simply chose to let it go and not respond. But now since you've addressed this directly, this is my answer.

I wouldn't take it personally, this is a community and sometime there's some light hearted jokey remarks that aren't intended to be personal or to offend. I find fuzz's dry humour quite funny but I get that some people might not recognise it for what it is. I think you're taking it in a way it almost certainly wasn't intended...