Logic merged my comp folders without me asking

asaraha

Hey all, I was working on a song and suddenly noticed that several of my tracks (in fact all on the project) that had takes/comp folders had been spontaneously merged. Fortunately I could import the unmerged versions from a version saved a few days ago (I save new versions every day or so when I'm doing a lot of work). But can you think of any reason why this would have randomly happened, or was it a bug?

I just thank goodness I noticed before I went too far ahead, as I really wasn't done with those comp folders!

Hard to imagine that Logic would flatten take folders on its own.

You could have hit a flatten key command without knowing.

I did wonder if there was something I could have [easily & accidentally] done. What is the quick flatten command?

I don't think I usually push a lot of random buttons when working, but if it's similar to something I already do....

According to the key command window in the latest Logic, flatten and merge take folder is Option-U

Hmm, well it actually seems highly unlikely that I would have made that stroke. And it handily flattened every take folder (voice, 2 instrument tracks, 3 drum tracks), which also seems like a pretty amazing accident...

So unless there's another [quick, one-stroke] workflow that could have spontaneously yielded that result, I am still prone to think it may have been a bug.

Did you save Alternatives on this project?

I save under a new name every day. So I was able to re-import the comp folders. Just really weird that it happened in the first place.

As a rule, I feel pretty competent in Logic, so this surprised me.