Logic constantly crashes

ColbyKeyz

I have so many projects that I cant even open because it crashes before it opens. I use the same third party plugins that professional music producers use (Pro-Q 3, Omnisphere, Electra-X, Sausage Fattener, ect.). It seems like every week one of my projects becomes ruined because every time I try to open it, it crashes. Every time I reach out to Logic they just blame the third party plugin and tell me to reach out to them but it happens all the time for dozens of different plugins. I did not have this problem in FL Studio.]

2107325082_ScreenShot2020-08-05at3_28_38PM.thumb.png.8a02c951cafdaafe108303a78b07e077.png

what IS the rc-retro color plugin? is that for final cut or something?

it probably IS a 3rd-party plugin, that's the most likely scenario. make sure all your plugins are up-to-date (ie sausage fattener; is that still current? and what OS are you running?

EDIT: ok, just looked that up, it's audio. it's also old. so check that all your plugins are current, and compatible with your OS...

I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the plugin as such. I get this kind of problems as well from time to time. It's only a problem on the initial start of the project. It crashes with different plugins as the reported cause: fabfilter L-2, Waves stuff, Klanghelm. The workaround is to open another project and open the crashing project from inside Logic. Then it just loads without any hickups.

So, there is a problem on the startup routine somewhere. It should be addressed by Logic itself.

I'd remove the logic au cache and logic prefs plist file and let it rebuild and then see what didn't validate after this. It sounds to me like a plugin compatibility problem regardless as to whether you have the most recent ver of them. Some just won't work in the latest LPX.