big sur - 20 NOV - the GOOD NEWS (update)

fisherking

lots of developers say that...and it's logical, (pun intended). am only reporting my experiences, nothing more.

i only use the plugins listed; so if i didn't mention it, i don't know, and cannot, of course, guarantee anything. see if others here (or on apple's forum, or reddit, etc) report anything.

for me, it's a good moment tho, after the nightmare of that early beta. so, rather than spending the day reinstalling my previous OS, i can dive back into music work this weekend. fun stuff!

EDIT: imagine a maniacal laugh. things have been good for a whole hour, so... am diving back into the betas, and updating the OS now. life's an adventure lol....

EDIT2: and all is well

Kontakt works.

What doesn't, is automation via GUI for a couple of of 3rd party plugins. :) (Most Softube, u-he)

hmmm. just tried this (automation from the GUI) with some synth plugins. works: zebra2, sylenth1, alchemy, vital (new fave!). does not work: hive, dune3, spire.

wonder why it worked in zebra2 & not hive. it's not an issue here; i always either draw in automation, or use the knobs on an akai LPD8. good find, tho.

1870378785_ScreenShot2020-11-21at8_50_08AM.thumb.png.e62f13a7dfdb9375852d92cef9059ef3.png

Edited by fisherking

else fresh install works fine - i didnt run in any problems. didn't put kontakt on the mini and a few things, simply because i'm trying to use less again

Do the Roli Blocks (& their software) work with the M1 chip & Big Sur?

not sure about M1 as i don't have it :/

but it works fine on Big Sur, even Equator V1.

Man, fisherking went from first Big Sur beta back to Catalina, then back to Big Sur release, and now on the next beta.

Looking at the progress bar when installing every time must therapeutic. :D

i've been on the public beta since it started. i had to go back to catalina; as discussed, the early betas didn't recognize a good number of plugins. so, now am back on the beta program; i like to see where things go, see what changes, and i enjoy being on the front lines... except when i don't (enjoy being on the front lines).

but i never watch progress bars (i spend that time in real bars)...

but i never watch progress bars (i spend that time in real bars)...

With social distancing?

aren't you from the US? do you guys practice social distancing?

our country is as bad as your rn, because of the collective distrust of the scientific community and a sociopath at the helm, people have turned to a narcissistic fitness instructor covid-denier for moral leadership

i wish i could move somewhere nicer

• 2 weeks later...