Rescue recording with reverb

jdashton

Hi all . . . I'm a rookie, and I proved it yesterday. I ran a classical recording session in a church, and after I got home realized that the mic was acting as an omni, instead of cardiod. All the vocals and instrumentals sound distant because they have too much room reverb. What can I do in Logic Pro X 10.5.1 or using other software to rescue these tracks? How can I digitally bring each musician "closer" to the mic?

This is a repeat of my post from yesterday morning. fuzzfilth answered (Thank you!) saying there was little that could help the situation, and I need to own my mistake. And David answered, asking if this was a single omni mic to a mono track.

Answering David's question: Kinda, sorta. What I have is a popular amateur blogger USB-connected microphone with four settings. In the omni setting, it feeds data on both left and right channels. I haven't determined if the L/R signals are identical. They're at least very similar, with no discernable (to my rookie ears) stereo separation. I also had a cheaper monaural USB-connected mic half-way back in the church picking up reverb. I can share audio files from both mics for one of the vocal soloists, if that would help in analyzing my options. Thanks again!