Midi notes used as a music sheet, possible?

Gianni_Gon

Hallo,

there is this one last thing that I would love to figuer out this week.

I have two tracks: Midi Track & Audio Track

I place them upon each other sometimes and use the midi window (in piano roll or score) and read the notes off, while recording them into the audio track with my guitar or with the voice. This is a great way to create choire scores for me and then read them off while recording.

So I hit the rec. button, and immediatly after that I click on the midi region to read the notes off.

Problem is: notes disappear (sometimes jump up and down)

I read, one reason that the notes disappear is because the new region that will eventually merge is covering the already recorded notes. My question: is there a way to avoid this, or to unable recording. Because, I dont even want it to record when I click on midi. I click on midi only to see notes, but the record button activates automatically.

Last time I couldnt detail my problem so precisely. I hope this time it's much more precise.

Thank you very much!

Not at the studion to verify same, but I would try opening a score window (in detached mode, not as the default extended tab mode).

Then disable the Link option for that window (and do the same for the main track window).

Then select the audio track you wish to record on, click on its record button to arm it.

Finally click on the transport bar's record button to start recording.

Personally, I find using a MIDI controller makes that an easier workflow.

Not at the studion to verify same, but I would try opening a score window (in detached mode, not as the default extended tab mode).

Then disable the Link option for that window (and do the same for the main track window).

Then select the audio track you wish to record on, click on its record button to arm it.

Finally click on the transport bar's record button to start recording.

Personally, I find using a MIDI controller makes that an easier workflow.

thank you for that tip. I didnt know you can detach it. I will try it later, when I get back to the project.

Thanks!