Can't program Program Change

Leandro Gardini

Hi there,

I am trying to setup program change to switch between articulations, but this parameter is not working for me.

All other midi parameters like pitch bend and aftertouch are working fine. Once I created a knob I can program accordingly but the program change.

I click on the grid with right or left click and nothing happens.

What am I missing?

Logic records, inserts and edits all MIDI data, including program changes just fine.

However, I've never known a Kontakt instrument to react to program changes (I'm not saying some don't, but I've never come across any Kontakt instruments with that feature). And a Kontakt manual search revealed no results for the words "program change".

I'll try to help if you can be more specific about how you are trying to do this, and with what libraries...

However, I've never known a Kontakt instrument to react to program changes (I'm not saying some don't, but I've never come across any Kontakt instruments with that feature). And a Kontakt manual search revealed no results for the words "program change".

Kontakt Instrument Banks can change sounds via Program Change messages.

1378857950_Screenshot2020-08-19at16_49_28.thumb.jpg.9588bd0c85043008a7827b2a1aeabc72.jpg

to the OP

In Logic, in-coming Program messages on MIDI channel 1 are reserved for recall of saved "Performances", so you need to use another MIDI channel if you want to use an external MIDI controller to generate the Program messages.

If you enter the Program messages manually, as outlined in David's post link, all works as expected

1604761506_Screenshot2020-08-19at16_48_44.jpg.daf3e6880b1fa9e94445cf13d652d587.jpg

CCT

Kontakt Instrument Banks can change sounds via Program Change messages.

Thanks! Not a feature I had used, or was consciously aware of, but good to know.

So it actually unloads the current Kontakt instrument and loads in a new one, with all the sample loading process and so on?