Logic Pro X for backing tracks: Click bleed/Output routing thing

Beezy816

I’m using Logic Pro X for backing tracks and click for live performances. Older MacBook with Sierra connected via thunderbolt to a focusrite clarett 8preX. I’ve got six or so tracks of backing music and one track of printed click. Click goes to a drum IEM bus that outputs on 3/4. Outputs 1/2 are my house mix. Click sort of suddenly started bleeding into my house mix one day at rehearsal. I assume something is screwy with my session and start a fresh one, to no avail. I get into the drivers of my focusrite and can’t seem to change anything in there that fixes the problem. The weirdo kickers: if I physically unplug the drum IEM line from the output jack, the click disappears from the house mix..also, the click volume does not increase as I turn up the house mix, it stays static and gets buried under the louder house mix music. Am I missing some output routing stuff that would solve this or is my interface just going sideways?? Oh and show is Saturday. :) help!

Tried it to no avail. Also tried a second I/O (duplicate) just to narrow it down. As of right now, even if the stereo volume is killed, the output of 3/4 (my IEM mix) is still bleeding into the house. Mute 3/4 and the bleed disappears. The only option I’m seeing under output config is a checkbox for stereo mirroring which has no effect on anything. Ugh.

Been in the Focusrite Control software all week. Nothing I’m doing is fixing it. Switch to straight DAW playback. Custom config the 3/4 and 1/2 outputs. Download new thunderbolt drivers, factory reset...nada. FC Control is also the least intuitive software I’ve ever used.