3rd Party Plugin factory presets database for Logic

I wasn't aware of this particular forum guideline. In any case, I had obtained all of these Expansions with the knock-down deals that Plugin-Boutique are always doing. I haven't paid more than £1 for any of them. Plugin-Boutique seems like a pretty decent outfit, not greedy, capitalist swine at all! I had assumed that other people may already have had the plugins, or might be inclined to seek out further bargain prices.

Yes, *you've* purchased the banks, but that doesn't give you the right to give them away to everyone for free, which is what you are doing.

This forum is quite clear on it's policy of unauthorised sharing of commercial software.

Presets are different, in that they come with the plugin, and are only useful to people with the plugin - therefore, the only people who can benefit from them are people who already have the plugin, and therefore already have those presets (albeit in a different format.)

This has come up on this thread before, and the title of "factory presets" rather than "patches" gives a clear scope of the intent of this thread. It's to convert the factory presets of plugins to Logic format, for the plugin owner's convenience. And of course, any additional free banks that might be useful to the plugin owners is also fair game for conversion, should someone choose to do that.

But to buy commercial banks, convert them, and upload them free for everybody is quite clearly naughty...

If that doesn't work, maybe your theory about Player vs Instrument is correct. In which case a bit of detective work is needed. Load up your Synthmaster plugin, and click the select button in the top-left.

529528970_ScreenShot2018-07-02at17_32_54.png.94f42e4a8efa32218c1aff715656ec09.png

Select "Save As..." and choose a filename that is [a] unique memorable enough that you can remember it a few seconds later. Then using any file search you may have (this is a good one http://apps.tempel.org/FindAnyFile/index.php (I trust I'm not going to be accused by any of the forum's moral guardians of pimping for this product)), search for the previously entered filename. The results should indicate which folder the preset was saved in. This should be the location for the Synthmaster folders.

Good luck!

But to buy commercial banks, convert them, and upload them free for everybody is quite clearly naughty...

I was not aware that the presets would work without the existing software being installed. It was an innocent mistake, and I have deleted all the relevant files. I'm not sure of the legal status of the Vacuum post in viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15267&start=800#p706500, your advice would be welcome.

For your information, I am a programmer of nearly 30 years standing, and while I support and endorse Open Source Software, I also loathe software piracy as a means of obtaining free (as in beer) software. I do feel that you jumped the gun, somewhat, with the quoted accusation, Des.

I don't know if the presets are working with SynthMaster ("full") too... You should try to change the folder name (probably SynthMaster Player 2.9 -> SynthMaster 2.9).

Hey I purchased Synthmaster 2.9 instrument and loaded your presets in correct location but not functioning. Is it possible these are specific to the Player and not the Synthmaster2.9 Instrument loaded in Logic?

Hello Carl,

I've made the aupresets manually...

And there are the aupresets for SynthMaster Player 2.9 ;)

Best regards

I was not aware that the presets would work without the existing software being installed. It was an innocent mistake, and I have deleted all the relevant files.

Thanks - it saves the mods from having to remove this stuff!

I didn't think it was anything other than an innocent mistake, FWIW, but I don't think that makes much difference to the companies having their products distributed for free, nor to the forum policies here.

I'm not sure of the legal status of the Vacuum post in viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15267&start=800#p706500, your advice would be welcome.

If it's just the presets, I'm sure it's not a problem.

If it's third-party commercial banks that were purchased, then no, please don't share them.

I do feel that you jumped the gun, somewhat, with the quoted accusation, Des.

Well sorry about that, but regardless of how you feel, I simply asked you to not do it, and pointed out why.

There were no accusations really, other than posting this material is "naughty", which it is - mistake or not.

You seem to understand this which is why you've removed the posts, so it's all good... 8-)

If that doesn't work, maybe your theory about Player vs Instrument is correct. In which case a bit of detective work is needed. Load up your Synthmaster plugin, and click the select button in the top-left.

Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 17.32.54.png

Select "Save As..." and choose a filename that is [a] unique memorable enough that you can remember it a few seconds later. Then using any file search you may have (this is a good one http://apps.tempel.org/FindAnyFile/index.php (I trust I'm not going to be accused by any of the forum's moral guardians of pimping for this product)), search for the previously entered filename. The results should indicate which folder the preset was saved in. This should be the location for the Synthmaster folders.

Good luck!

Thanks for suggestions - the presets for Synthmaster Instrument are located in -/Library/Audio/Presets/KV331Instruments/Synthmaster 2.9 Instrument

I copied the preset folders there and they do appear in Logic Library when I click the disclosure arrow beside the instrument plugin but when I click on the preset in the Logic library they do not advance Synthmaster to the preset

Can you post a message with a preset saved from Synthmaster instrument attached? I'm wondering if there is a way to convert the Player presets to Instrument presets. Looking at the format of an .aupreset file, it's basically an Apple plist file which has a bunch of numeric IDs at the start. Maybe the Instrument ones have different IDs...

Sorry, but we are finishing our new album (september ?) and the re-issue of the previous one (august ?).

It's off topic, so I don't want explain more ;).

Hey @NeverForget I tried to access your music at http://neverforget.musimage.ch/ but couldn't see any place to stream it.

Of course, as international music artists, you have every right to remain "men of mystery" ;-)

Sorry, but we are finishing our new album (september ?) and the re-issue of the previous one (august ?).

It's off topic, so I don't want explain more ;).

Of course, as international music artists, you have every right to remain "men of mystery" ;-)

@NeverForget, funnily enough, I looked on Spotify to see if you were there. I found an act called Never Forget, but they are listed as appearing on a couple of Reggaeton compilations, yet when I listened to one of the tracks it appears to be Melodic Heavy Rock. On the basis of either category, I would guess it's not you!

Can you post a message with a preset saved from Synthmaster instrument attached? I'm wondering if there is a way to convert the Player presets to Instrument presets. Looking at the format of an .aupreset file, it's basically an Apple plist file which has a bunch of numeric IDs at the start. Maybe the Instrument ones have different IDs...

Here is a screenshot of SynthMaster 2.9 Instrument preset saved - "SYN Pure Love". I included the Mac File Library window as well as the Instrument GUI browser folder in the same screenshot.

I saved this one manually.

You can see folders above it that downloaded and pasted from Player Preset Folder in the post above. When I click on those in the Library they do not function.

502372659_Synthmaster2.9InstrumentPreset.thumb.jpeg.a42aa88185acb84d80951af7cae59ee5.jpeg

I meant could you do a "Save As..." using Synthmaster Instrument with a unique name and post a message with that ".aupreset" attached? You may need to add a .txt extension to the end depending on this forum web software.

I probably missed you again but I saved a new preset - called it "unique preset" - and then saved that file in doc attached.

preset.doc

I think something has gone wrong here. I would expect a “.aupreset" file to be just a few KB in size, not 189KB, and a “.aupreset” file is basically a text file. What you sent is in binary format. What did you use to “save the file in doc attached”? Did you use Pages or Word or some other WP program? All I’m after here is the pure unadorned “.aupreset” file!

@sjgam Can you try copying the attached file into your `/Library/Audio/Presets/KV331Instruments/Synthmaster 2.9 Instrument` folder and see if it makes any sound?

You will need to change the extension of the file from “.doc" to “.aupreset”. Just find the file in Finder and press enter to rename it (sorry if I’m teaching you stuff you already know!)

SYN Pure Love was player.doc

@sjgam Can you try copying the attached file into your `/Library/Audio/Presets/KV331Instruments/Synthmaster 2.9 Instrument` folder and see if it makes any sound?

You will need to change the extension of the file from “.doc" to “.aupreset”. Just find the file in Finder and press enter to rename it (sorry if I’m teaching you stuff you already know!)

SYN Pure Love was player.doc

Yeah changed the extension and placed it in preset folder and it appears in Logic Library but it doesn't make the instrument go to the preset.

Different thought - I manually saved a few presets - looks like a poster child for scripting (if I knew how to script). In the GUI browser you just click on next preset arrow, the name of the preset populated in the Logic preset field and then click save as and enter - one could do the whole list of presets that way and then sort the folders after the fact in Finder as they are labeled by instrument type.

Edited by sjgam

Yeah changed the extension and placed it in preset folder and it appears in Logic Library but it does make the instrument go to the preset.

Was this a typo and you meant to say doesn't, or does it actually go to the preset and make a sound?

Did it work basically?

Different thought - I manually saved a few presets - looks like a poster child for scripting (if I knew how to script). In the GUI browser, you just click on next preset arrow, the name of the preset populated in the Logic preset field and then click save as and enter - one could do the whole list of presets that way and then sort the folders after the fact in Finder as they are labelled by instrument type.

Good thinking! That's precisely what the scripting does. It simulates mouse clicks and key presses. The problem is sometimes the Plugins don't respond to the simulated actions quite as one would hope! Until Apple exposes the whole of Logic to automation and give us things like...

Syn = Logic.LoadPreset("Synthmaster")
Syn.LoadNextPreset()
Logic.SavePreset(Syn.PresetName())

or something like that, all this malarky is the best that we can do.

Yeah sorry typo - it doesnt work.

I thought given scripting working for other plugins that this would be easier one given Logic picks up the name when you manually advance next preset in GUI.

Yeah changed the extension and placed it in preset folder and it appears in Logic Library but it does make the instrument go to the preset.

Was this a typo and you meant to say doesn't, or does it actually go to the preset and make a sound?

Did it work basically?

Different thought - I manually saved a few presets - looks like a poster child for scripting (if I knew how to script). In the GUI browser, you just click on next preset arrow, the name of the preset populated in the Logic preset field and then click save as and enter - one could do the whole list of presets that way and then sort the folders after the fact in Finder as they are labelled by instrument type.

Good thinking! That's precisely what the scripting does. It simulates mouse clicks and key presses. The problem is sometimes the Plugins don't respond to the simulated actions quite as one would hope! Until Apple exposes the whole of Logic to automation and give us things like...

Syn = Logic.LoadPreset("Synthmaster")
Syn.LoadNextPreset()
Logic.SavePreset(Syn.PresetName())

or something like that, all this malarky is the best that we can do.

I thought given scripting working for other plugins that this would be easier one given Logic picks up the name when you manually advance next preset in GUI.

That's a shame. What I did was to hack the preset with what I hoped would be the correct ID for Synthmaster Instrument, but it seems that that's not enough. Of course, you can still use it and, as you've found out, you can save any particularly tasty presets yourself so that it shows up in the Library. If I discover the difference between the way the presets are encoded for Player and Instrument, I'll revisit this issue!

That's a shame. What I did was to hack the preset with what I hoped would be the correct ID for Synthmaster Instrument, but it seems that that's not enough. Of course, you can still use it and, as you've found out, you can save any particularly tasty presets yourself so that it shows up in the Library. If I discover the difference between the way the presets are encoded for Player and Instrument, I'll revisit this issue!

Thanks for all your effort - do you have the Synthmaster Instrument? - thought your script might work for it as it does pull name in Logic plugin field.

BTW - downloaded the player and confirmed that the presets provided above do work for the player.

BTW 2 - Synthmaster having a summer sale now - I picked it up cheap.

Thanks for all your effort - do you have the Synthmaster Instrument? - thought your script might work for it as it does pull name in Logic plugin field.

BTW - downloaded the player and confirmed that the presets provided above do work for the player.

BTW 2 - Synthmaster having a summer sale now - I picked it up cheap.

No, I've just got the Player. The problem with the Synthmaster plugin, is that, unlike some of the other, more behaved plugins, the name that gets fed to the "Save As..." dialog doesn't always keep sync with the Plugin name near the green [>] button.

Good news on BTW.1 and indeed BTW.2! I felt a little responsible!

Have you tried AuLab instead of Logic to host the plugin? I automated SynthMaster 2.7 full previously and it was much better with the save as name being populated.

In fact, i can probably do the same for 2.9 if i can find a spare hour or two to leave my machine running it.