3rd Party Plugin factory presets database for Logic

I think that they really are called like that. By some strange reason :)

I am also thinking about making V-Station but I haven't got started yet.

Ok then, strange name they have in V-Station :D

If you have time, it would be nice to see the V-Station in aupresets also.

Here are some more for VANGUARD.

I will try to do some more when I have time again.

Arpeggios.zip

Hey Anamorphis have you noticed that using key commands to scroll through these presets doesn't seem to work as well as scrolling through Logic instrument presets? its kind of wierd, I don't know why it would make a difference. I usually use the bracket "]" key to scroll through, when I use this on say Abysnth it will work on the first key stroke and after that it won't continue to scroll through. not too sure why?

Hey Anamorphis have you noticed that using key commands to scroll through these presets doesn't seem to work as well as scrolling through Logic instrument presets? its kind of wierd, I don't know why it would make a difference. I usually use the bracket "]" key to scroll through, when I use this on say Abysnth it will work on the first key stroke and after that it won't continue to scroll through. not too sure why?

Looks like the problem really only occurs with Absynth and FM8, all other plugs are fine

Just had to stop by and mention this is probably the most useful forum post I have ever seen, these presets are gold keep em coming, just using the Logic browser to audition presets in plug ins makes making music so much easier, had to commend every last poster you are all stars thank-you so much. Look forward to some Arturia and more Papen stuff :)

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, awesome idea! So, to help out here, how are you exactly doing this?? Not sure I understood your process. Are you loading each patch and then "exporting" it again?

J.

Hi everyone. I came up with this idea of creating a database for all factory 3rd Party Plugin presets, so that we can make full use of Logic's new Library feature.

I'm actually a huge fan of this new feature, so I started saving as .aupreset every single factory preset of my 3rd party plugin. That way, each time I open a 3rd party instrument/effect, all its factory presets show on the Library pan, just like Logic's own plugs.

The problem here is, as I'm sure is also your case, I have a few 3rd parties running on my system, and saving all their factory presets as .aupreset, it's a hell of a huge task. So, after asking David's opinion and getting a positive feedback about this, I'm finnaly starting this thread, so that instead of just going by myself thru all my 3rd party presets and do the same thing over and over, I might as well share that work with all Logic Pro Help users, and get the ball rolling.

And this means, of course, that you're free to come up with some work of your own and share it with all. So, if you think my work is worth, please download the files, use them, and whenever you have the chance, do the same with your 3rd party plugs.

If each LPH user do this with at least one bank of one single 3rd party plug, in no time we'll have all those plugs that we love ready to use as if they were built in L8's new Library feature.

Enough of talking now. Here are my first uploads:

Plugin: Rob Papen Albino 3

Number of Included Banks: 6

List of Banks:

- Ambient Layered

- Ambient Sounds

- Arpeggiator Layered

- Arpeggiator Sounds 1

- Arpeggiator Sounds 2

- Arpeggiator Sounds 3

Plugin: Native Instruments Absynth 4

Number of Included Banks: 2

List of Banks:

- Organ

- Piano/Keys

p.s.: I'm working on the rest of Albino and Absynth's banks, and I'll post them as soon as they are ready.

Hope you like the idea and that everyone contributes.

ah, nevermind.. saw my answer in page 5. :)

J.

Wow, awesome idea! So, to help out here, how are you exactly doing this?? Not sure I understood your process. Are you loading each patch and then "exporting" it again?

J.

Hi everyone. I came up with this idea of creating a database for all factory 3rd Party Plugin presets, so that we can make full use of Logic's new Library feature.

I'm actually a huge fan of this new feature, so I started saving as .aupreset every single factory preset of my 3rd party plugin. That way, each time I open a 3rd party instrument/effect, all its factory presets show on the Library pan, just like Logic's own plugs.

The problem here is, as I'm sure is also your case, I have a few 3rd parties running on my system, and saving all their factory presets as .aupreset, it's a hell of a huge task. So, after asking David's opinion and getting a positive feedback about this, I'm finnaly starting this thread, so that instead of just going by myself thru all my 3rd party presets and do the same thing over and over, I might as well share that work with all Logic Pro Help users, and get the ball rolling.

And this means, of course, that you're free to come up with some work of your own and share it with all. So, if you think my work is worth, please download the files, use them, and whenever you have the chance, do the same with your 3rd party plugs.

If each LPH user do this with at least one bank of one single 3rd party plug, in no time we'll have all those plugs that we love ready to use as if they were built in L8's new Library feature.

Enough of talking now. Here are my first uploads:

Plugin: Rob Papen Albino 3

Number of Included Banks: 6

List of Banks:

- Ambient Layered

- Ambient Sounds

- Arpeggiator Layered

- Arpeggiator Sounds 1

- Arpeggiator Sounds 2

- Arpeggiator Sounds 3

Plugin: Native Instruments Absynth 4

Number of Included Banks: 2

List of Banks:

- Organ

- Piano/Keys

p.s.: I'm working on the rest of Albino and Absynth's banks, and I'll post them as soon as they are ready.

Hope you like the idea and that everyone contributes.

• 2 weeks later...

:D Yeah... we hit it full power in the begining, and now it's less hectic. In my case, I did every single plug I have, except for Stylus RMX... you're right, it's a huge huge task. Men, I did the whole NI Komplete 4 pack... lolol... Stylus is something like that, and I don't know if I'm ready to go for it already...

So, if you're into it, it would be awesome!

I can help with space if you need it..

Hey do you have any Microphone settings? I have a Neumann Mic from work (Sirius) as I am home taking care of sick wife.

So I am trying to setup where I can pre-record from home.

Let me know if you need space. I can setup domain and everything. I have many already.. I went in with another guy and bought 4 Mac Servers. So we can even setup Quicktime streaming samples.

Best Wishes,

R

• 3 weeks later...
i hate to sound ignorant, but these aren't working for me. i don't know how to open them in logic, and no matter where i place them in my files, they don't show up. please help. :(

where are you putting them?

you need to put put presets files (name.aupreset) in:

~/Library/Audio/Presets/(manufacturer)/(plug-in)

you need to put Channel Strip Setting files (name.cst) in:

~/Library/Application Support/Logic/Channel Strip Settings/Instrument/

i hate to sound ignorant, but these aren't working for me. i don't know how to open them in logic, and no matter where i place them in my files, they don't show up. please help. :(

where are you putting them?

you need to put put presets files (name.aupreset) in:

~/Library/Audio/Presets/(manufacturer)/(plug-in)

you need to put Channel Strip Setting files (name.cst) in:

~/Library/Application Support/Logic/Channel Strip Settings/Instrument/

t

thanks, that did the trick!