3rd Party Plugin factory presets database for Logic

VintageVerb-Palace.thumb.jpg.ee3b3f0b51c1a1c2cf3147cdcfc5ccd4.jpg

Valhalla DSP ValhallaVintageVerb
Presets from version 3.0 of the reverb plugin, including the new Palace algorithm.

Valhalla VintageVerb.zip

Instructions: Once unpacked, Copy the "Factory" folder to
~/Library/Audio/Presets/Valhalla DSP, LLC/ValhallaVintageVerb/
(that's the Library folder in your home directory)

Index to this thread by Type / Manufacturer / Plugin: Third-party Patches Index

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• 3 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Dell said:

I'm actually looking for instructions on how to batch convert the plug-ins. I would contribute if I knew how.

There's quite a bit of discussion about this in the thread, although it's so large it's difficult to scan through.

Different people do it differently. I build macros with Keyboard Maestro, and have documented my process previously. Some people have had success with Automator. Some people do it manually - it varies. The best approach is really down to the person implementing a system to do it.

Edited by des99
  • Like 2

obxd.thumb.jpg.cc6beadc2a913b15ede20b7aa26e20de.jpg

discoDSP OB-Xd
1800+ Presets from the Oberheim emulation plugin.

discoDSP OB-Xd.zip

~/Library/Audio/Presets/discoDSP/OB-Xd/

Edited by des99
  • Like 1

On 2/8/2018 at 3:24 AM, des99 said:

sonicprojects-op-x-pro-ii-xl.jpg.c6c834ff06ba18025eeb2499bf6bce23.jpg

Sonic Projects OPX PRO-II

3000+ Presets from v1.2x format OPX PRO-II

Download: SonicProjects_OPXII.zip 

(20MB archive, 96MB expanded)

~/Library/Audio/Presets/SonicProjects/OP-X PRO-II/

Enjoy!

Hey Des, By any chance did you get the 1.30 M1 native version of OPX PRO-II? I ask because apparently 1.30 won't recognize or load patches that were originally for the 1.2.6 version. I wrote Sonic Projects about this and they confirmed. Said that If you want to save and load patches that were created in 1.2.6 you'd have to disable the newer version, load the previous 1.2.6 plug and save the preset as an OPX native preset. Long and short of it, the great work you did for all the v1.2x format won't load in the v1.3 version of the plug

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rev32 said:

Long and short of it, the great work you did for all the v1.2x format won't load in the v1.3 version of the plug

Yes, I'm aware of this, and haven't installed the update for this reason - I'd need to reconvert the patches and do all that work again - and as you know, OPX comes with a *lot* of patches. Not only that, past projects* that use specific patches would also not recall correctly, so I'm not that keen on updating at this point. This kind of update change is really painful for users for these reasons.

I'm undecided right now, I'll probably do it but I need to assess what projects might be affected and mitigate those, before updating and converting all the patches again.

* If only I had a tool that would let me easily know which Logic projects used OPX so I could check... Oh wait, I made one! 🙂 

Edited by des99

I hear you. I'm aware of the pain in the process. All the banks that come with the plug still load up in both versions, but yeah, it's having to resave all those banks in the v1.3 format. If you ever do decide to do it, I'll be on the lookout for a reply to this thread. Unfortunately, when I save Logic AU preset files, I do it the old fashioned way, one by one, but after looking through the plugs that you and others have made .aupresets for, I think I have a bunch more that aren't on the site. I'm gonna have a look, make sure that I follow the proper protocols for uploading and posting and add them to the already pretty big database. Thanks for the followup

Edited by rev32
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, rev32 said:

I'll be on the lookout for a reply to this thread.

I'l have a look at it later on and make a decision - I can always temporarily install the update, convert the patches, and restore my old version if I want to stick there for while. It depends how painful the conversion process is in this case (I can't remember offhand without looking).

15 minutes ago, rev32 said:

I think I have a bunch more that aren't on the site. I'm gonna have a look, make sure that I follow the proper protocols for uploading and posting and add them to the already pretty big database.

What I'd suggest is to post a list of plugins you're planning on converting. Doing them manually is a huge pain for more than 50 or so presets, and someone else might be able to convert them, or at least some of them, via scripts, saving you quite a bit of the manual hassle. That way we split out the work in a more efficient way. 👍

SCR-20230223-9oq.thumb.png.6c5e84ab9f327f894a9e1e978d24aa03.png

SonicProjects OP-X PRO-II
3000+ Presets from version 1.3.x of the Oberheim emulation plugin.

OP-X PRO II 1.3.x.zip

Instructions: Once unpacked, Copy the "Factory 1.3.x" folder to
~/Library/Audio/Presets/SonicProjects/OP-X PRO-II/

Note that these presets aren't compatible with the earlier 1.2.x version - for those, see this post:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

main.thumb.jpg.f9892067cc023ca5c9febfb78d96e6e8.jpg

Arturia REV LX-24 Digital Reverb
Presets from Arturia's emulation of the Lexicon 224 hardware reverb.

ArturiaRevLX24.zip

~/Library/Audio/Presets/Arturia/Rev LX-24/

Edited by des99
  • Like 1

SCR-20230412-nst.thumb.png.ffb8f752ec0ef25ea764f6f0c7f0cfc3.png

Plogue Chipsynth OPS7
Presets from the DX7 emulation plugin.

chipsynth_OPS7.zip

OPS7_factory_extra.zip

Instructions: Once unpacked, Copy the "Factory" folder (and optional "Factory_SYX" folder) to
~/Library/Audio/Presets/Plogue Art et Technologie/chipsynth OPS7/

Edited by des99

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, rededfred2010 said:

IK Multimedia's Mixbox would be a nice set of presets as their preset menu is a pain in the butt 🙂

That's not one I have unfortunately, and the fact that to download their products you need to more or less download the entirety of their catalog makes me wary of investigating whether the demo alone would work to save out presets...

Incidentally, some may remember the *mammoth* task of saving out the Blackwhinny DX7 sysex cartridges for Dexed some time back - it's around 120,000 patches in all, and because of the file structure complexity, and Dexed's patch handling, it was a slightly painful, semi-automated process that I went through over the course of a couple of months, mostly running overnight as I couldn't do it when I needed to use the computer etc.

Well, I just did it for OPS7 too (as this is now my preferred DX7 emulator). At least this time, with a bit of extra ingenuity and problem solving I was able to create a more or less completely automatic process to work through it, and as I could now dedicate my old computer to the task, it could run 24/7 without impacting my work - so this time it took around 10 days to complete.

So just for Dexed and OPS7 alone, I've saved out nearly *a quarter of a million Logic presets*... (!)

Edited by des99

14 minutes ago, des99 said:

Incidentally, some may remember the *mammoth* task of saving out the Blackwhinny DX7 sysex cartridges for Dexed some time back - it's around 120,000 patches in all, and because of the file structure complexity, and Dexed's patch handling, it was a slightly painful, semi-automated process that I went through over the course of a couple of months, mostly running overnight as I couldn't do it when I needed to use the computer etc.

Well, I just did it for OPS7 too (as this is now my preferred DX7 emulator). At least this time, with a bit of extra ingenuity and problem solving I was able to create a more or less completely automatic process to work through it, and as I could now dedicate my old computer to the task, it could run 24/7 without impacting my work - so this time it took around 10 days to complete.

So just for Dexed and OPS7 alone, I've saved out nearly *a quarter of a million Logic presets*... (!)

Either your committed or need to be 🙂 I just d/l Mixtank demo and it only provides about 30 presets so can't be done from the demo. Thanks again for all your work. You put in a lot of effort for little reward. Maybe you should have a "buy me a coffee link" I would get you a couple of lattes.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rededfred2010 said:

Either your committed or need to be

Ha, probably, yes! At least I can get the computer to do these tasks for me, otherwise they would be impractical and certainly not worth the effort!

12 minutes ago, rededfred2010 said:

I just d/l Mixtank demo and it only provides about 30 presets so can't be done from the demo.

Thanks - yes, it's not always possible to use the demos in this way, for various reasons.

13 minutes ago, rededfred2010 said:

Thanks again for all your work. You put in a lot of effort for little reward. Maybe you should have a "buy me a coffee link" I would get you a couple of lattes.

Thanks for the kind words. Mostly they are for things that I will use, so I'm happy to share them in case others find them useful, and for the other stuff, a bit of community spirit is a good thing as we all benefit. It would be nice if the people that are downloading them would at least hit the little "like" button though to say thanks...

• 2 months later...

SCR-20230705-oz7.thumb.png.e3a697463b4c1a7af42310d5b36e15ac.png

Korg Triton Extreme
Presets from the Korg Triton Extreme plugin.

Note: Presets for the regular Triton version were previously posted here:

Programs
- Programs by Bank
- Programs by Category
- GM Programs

Combis
- Combis by Bank
- Combis by Category

Download:
- Korg_Triton_Extreme_Programs.zip (216MB archive, 1.84GB expanded)
- Korg_Triton_Extreme_Combis.zip (1.6GB archive, 15.8GB expanded(!))
- Korg_Triton_Extreme_Programs_GM.zip (112MB archive, 960MB expanded)

Instructions: Once unpacked, create a folder called "Factory" in
~/Library/Audio/Presets/KORG/TRITON Extreme/
and copy the Program and Combi folders there.

Note that the programs require ~2GB of disk space, and the combis require ~16GB of disk space.

Requested by @anp27

Edit: GM programs added.

Enjoy!

Edited by des99
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, des99 said:

Requested by @anp27

If anyone needs the 11 GM banks output also, let me know - it's another few hours of conversions that probably most people don't care about, which is why I haven't done them so far.

Enjoy!

OMG I had already started working on this but ya beat me to it! 😂 I'd like to help out by making presets for the 11 GM banks. 

I really haven't been able to figure out how to do the M1 and Wavestation. No pick up and no Presets folder for either... just .fxb files which I have no idea how to extract from...

4 minutes ago, anp27 said:

I'd like to help out by making presets for the 11 GM banks. 

I mean if you want them, I'll hit go and they'll be done by the time I wake up, as I already have the code done. I'll add them to the post tomorrow. There's no point really duplicating this work as I already have written the automations to do this... far better to work on something else you want that hasn't been done yet, imo.

5 minutes ago, anp27 said:

I really haven't been able to figure out how to do the M1 and Wavestation.

The M1 and Wavestation have both already been done, so there is no reason to do them again, as far as I can see, unless there is some reason to do it..?

Yes, I do want them! 😂 That's a good point, if it's already set up ready to go then cool!

The M1 and Wavestation presets found here are for the old version before KORG overhauled the UIs and stuff. I tried importing both sets and they didn't show up at all. The MDE-X presets found here did work because KORG did not update the plugin (still the old version pre-2017/2018 before they updated everything). 

EDIT: I tried importing them again and I was wrong, they're 100% working, WOO HOO!

Edited by anp27
Correction
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, anp27 said:

Yes, I do want them! 😂 That's a good point, if it's already set up ready to go then cool!

No problem, I've added them to the above post. 👍

9 hours ago, anp27 said:

The M1 and Wavestation presets found here are for the old version before KORG overhauled the UIs and stuff.

The data format didn't change when Korg updated the GUIs, and they should still work - they do for me.

12 hours ago, des99 said:

No problem, I've added them to the above post. 👍

The data format didn't change when Korg updated the GUIs, and they should still work - they do for me.

Thank you so much! 🙏🙏🙏🙏 

• Love 1

You're welcome!

(BTW I didn't mean to discourage you from your own efforts to learn how to automate this process - if anything, I want to *encourage* more people to do this and contribute the things that I, and others, can't. So keep it up!

If you want to have a go at something that you already mentioned via PM, I think the MonoPoly has more Korg preset banks today than it did when the previous version was done, so if you wanted to give that a go, you certainly have my blessings as I'd like it re-done too..! ☺️ )

Edited by des99
  • Love 1