440 to 432

Obhayve

Try one of the other Algorithms in Time&Pitch machine. Complex has good results here on a voice. Monophinic should be capable of handling a single vocal line as well.

Using a Transpose value of -32 cents (should be -31.7 but T&P machine doesn't do decimals in this Tuning variable) displayed very few artifacts with the Complex algorithm.

A pleasure! :)

You might get better results if you use the FlexTime algorithms on the region rather than 'hard' changing the source file. Maybe try:

The mic shouldn't really matter, SM58s are industry standard so as long as you weren't super close to the mic and the gain wasn't too high (distorting) then you'll be fine.

- turn on FlexTime for the track you want to shift (the raw un-altered version of the audio)

- select the regions you want to adjust (probably the whole track length)

- open the Region Inspector (on the left at the top when you press 'i')

- locate the Fine Tune parameter and set to -32 cents

- try a few different FlexTime algorithms. you might find FlexPitch is the least artifact-ey as that is designed to 'understand' monophonic voices; it is not accessible using Time and Pitch machine

You can post a short snippet here if you want and we can make sure the signal is good enough to not be detrimentally affected by the Pitch&Time/Flextime algorithms

Ah, good to know I can tune a whole track with Flex Time:) Not sure if I'm doing it right - path I used was Flex Time, selected the "I" then couldn't find the Fine Tune parameter...do you mean the one under File/Project Settings/Tuning, or choosing Audio FX then AUNew Pitch or AU Pitch? It actually sounds pretty good using either one of those three settings, and as far as I can see is changing to the right pitch (I have a set of tuning forks that I've recorded).

As far as the quality of the signal, I think it's OK. Recorded on a good desk with a healthy signal, no overload. The main thing now is if I'm using the Fine Tune parameter correctly...once again, thanks for your help:)

I've highlighted the Transpose and Fine-Tuning Region parameters in this image

6352343_Screenshot2020-08-28at19_48_27.thumb.jpg.c359f788312a77d1d8a709060280bc58.jpg

Offline (pre-calculated) pitch shifts can often be better quality than real-time plugins. Tuning forks, as you know, have quite pure timbres and pitch shifting a sound as clean as tuning forks will reveal artifacts. You will get a cleaner shift using the offline Region Fine-Tune feature.

It works great, what a relief! Actually, I was just using the pitching forks for reference to make sure it sounded right. My pitching forks say 417 for that frequency, but it's so slight, I'm thinking, that this setting is well within the Solfeggio frequencies. Thanks so much for your help :)