Forward and Rewind by Time Increments

Music Spirit

When editing audio in relation purely to Time ( not Bars) is there any way of moving the Playhead precisely by divisions of a Second ( and thereby being able to set left and right locators very accurately to the second?

It seems to me looking in Key Commands of Rewind and Forward Wind that there are only to do with Divisions, Frames and Transients etc..

You can use the commands Rewind and Forward by Nudge Value. Then set your nudge value to 10ms. Use Keyboard Maestro if you want to do 100 of those at a time to Rewind / Forward by 1 second.

Thanks David, I just had a look at Keyboard Maestro - pretty impressive. And I assume it could automate or string together a lot of other Logic Key Commands that I find myself doing repeatedly, and not knowing how to 'save' the result.

For example - when opening up a Score Window for a new Region, it seems impossible - unless I am mistaken - make a template that will 'Remember' the following settings ( ie locked as a Screenset)

View - Display Margins

Duration Bars - Selected Notes

Guides - Selected Notes

So these three elements I always seem to be resetting manually a lot of the time... would Keyboard Maestro automate something like this?

At @Atlas - thanks for your suggestion but I dont want to have to touch the mouse. I am a Key Command fanatic and there seems to be now way of finding a key command to Forward or Rewind by 1 Second .. if you have more ways to suggest I would love to hear them! :)

What you can do is set your BPM to 120, division value to 48, and the nudge value -> set to division.

The Forward and Rewind commands will then move the play head in 1 sec increments.

If you don't want the project to be at 120 - set the BPM to what you want, then SMTPE lock everything - then set the BPM to 120.

1860401721_moveby1sec.thumb.gif.750efd616daf505f91ba967600251679.gif

What you can do is set your BPM to 120, division value to 48, and the nudge value -> set to division.

The Forward and Rewind commands will then move the play head in 1 sec increments.

If you don't want the project to be at 120 - set the BPM to what you want, then SMTPE lock everything - then set the BPM to 120.

move by 1 sec.gif

This is just the answer I need - thanks! This is for projects where I am not working in Bars

@Atlas, thanks again for your suggestion but it would take ages to put in Markers. I want to be able to move the Play Head as described above...