Musical Typing specific keys not functioning correctly

mountdrowns

I use Logic's musical typing a lot because it's easy to play melodies easily and quickly, but I've noticed something is wrong with two keys. The D2 key seems to permanently sustain even when the sustain key is off, and the B1 key doesn't play at all. I couldn't find anything online about this and I have tried resetting midi drivers. Any help would be very much appreciated!

You've most likely accidentally enaged Logic's learn mode and pressed a key, and have thus learned those note on or note offs to some command or other, which is why they aren't passed to the sequencer.

(Not sure why you couldn't find anything online about this, as this is one of the most common and frequent new-user issues and there's usually a small handful of these queries every month here alone!)

Find those assignments and delete them, or if you're not sure how, trash both your Logic preference files to reset things back to a known state without accidental controller assignments.