Upgraded tp logic x.5.1 and logic wants to rescan my plugins every time on start up.{SOLVED)

ncyancy

just upgraded to x.5.1 and had to upgrade to the new os Catalina from high Sierra- which worked great with no issues. Everything seems to work fine but on every launch of logic it wants to rescan all my plugins. I have a couple hundred and even it will stop half way with an error message and then just open logic x. when I had the previous version with high Sierra it never used to do this. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Edited by ncyancy

Thanks Atlas007 for all the advice- it worked!! So I found all the 32 bit plugins and deleted them, or upgraded the ones I wanted to keep, to 64bit. still didn't work, tried deleting plist etc. restarted the computer etc. in the end I had noticed, if I hit the abort button in the very beginning of the scan and looked what was not validated - the only things were my waves plugins that were v9. I actually had upgraded to v11, but for some reason there were still files of v9 which were the only ones that were not validated- so I thought lets just delete all the waves files and folders, because I can always download them again if I need too. - and so this worked. Even before I downloaded the waves plugins it scanned quickly and went straight to the project. when I downloaded waves plugins, they were the new v11 plugins and were fully functional. Thanks again for the tip, finally some advice that worked!