Moving all regions, automation, tempo

brikwondo

Hello,

This has been causing me problems for a long time now, and I just have to believe there must be a simple solution that I cannot find. I unfortunately have an old project that I am trying to wrap up, but when I export tracks the beginning gets cut off because it begins before bar 1. I cannot figure out a way to simply move all the tracks and automation without something bugging out and not lining up. Surely there is a quick and simple way to move all data a measure or two later on the timeline?

Thanks,

Brian

Try converting all the automations to RBA,

then in the Event List editor select all the regions and scroll the position value of the earliest region (the first to play) to 1.1.1.1.

Alternately,

move the playhead to 1.1.1.1, and while all the regions are selected, use the Move Region/Event to Playhead... (default US key-command: Shift + ;).

Then to move the tempo changes, in the Tempo List editor, select all the tempo entries and scroll the first one's position up to 1.1.1.1.

But try to create a project with data starting well before 1.1.1.1. and that spread beyond that (like the OP). It leads to unpredictable results. Sometimes good sometimes not.

I just tried and it worked (I placed the beginning of the Cycle area before or at the beginning of the data I want to move). Can you share a specific project file to demonstrate an example of where this isn't working?

But try to create a project with data starting well before 1.1.1.1. and that spread beyond that (like the OP). It leads to unpredictable results. Sometimes good sometimes not.

I just tried and it worked (I placed the beginning of the Cycle area before or at the beginning of the data I want to move). Can you share a specific project file to demonstrate an example of where this isn't working?

Oh my! I think you're right! :oops:

Placing the cycle between the start of the recorded data (pre 1.1.1.1) and the beginning of the project (1.1.1.1) seems to work fine...