Why Is Logic Creating an EXTRA control surface???

LogicIsDoomed

Logic is giving me a lot of problems with my Behringer X-Touch & X-Touch extender.

1) Logic is auto-creating an extra X-touch control surface. I turn of the "Automatic Installation" setting under the control surface setup page.

2) The next time I reboot Logic or open a new song, the extra X-Touch device reappears under the control surface setup page.

3) I press random keys on my midi keyboard and Logic an Logic starts sending out various change screenset commands.

4) I quit Logic, power down my both X-touch, disconnect their power cords, DELETE Logic's control surface preference, reboot my Mac, reboot Logic and all is well. The extra auto-created X-Touch control surface is gone from the Logic and all control surface setup page.

5) However, the next time I reboot Logic or open a new song, the extra X-Touch device reappears under the control surface setup page and continues problems.

HELP PLEASE!

P.S. Is it not counter-productive and VERY UN-user friendly that one can not delete control surface from right within the "control surface setup page"? Such a nuisance!

It's most likely the X-touch is creating a MIDI port with a different id number (even though it might have the same name) that Logic sees is different to what it has already installed, and thus creates a new control surface setup on the MIDI port that responds.

Some devices are weird when it comes to virtual MIDI ports...

I can delete control surfaces from that window just fine - select, and delete. I have about 7 in there...