Unknown Distortion On All Tracks? First Post!

dobaktunes

first post here. so, whenever i'm working on a new project, sometimes i'll get this random heavy distortion that pops up when i'm recording guitar/bass. it will start out of nowhere (or at least it seems that way to me), and is present while i'm playing no matter what track i have selected. i can still load different presets from the library, and whenever i record, the recorded track DOES NOT have the distortion, tracks come out sounding just fine.

any idea what this is, what causes it, and how i can fix it?

Could be a USB issue with the interface.

What I/O buffer setting are you using in Logic's preferences?

1024. the distortion's stopped now that i've opened up logic again a few days later, but it's happened in the past as well. comes & goes randomly but i can't figure out why it starts when it does.

Does the distortion disappear if you choose a higher i/o buffer size in Logic's audio preferences?

i was at 1024. the distortion's stopped now that i've opened up logic again a few days later, but it's happened in the past as well. comes & goes randomly but i can't figure out why it starts when it does.

• 4 weeks later...
Having a similar issue on another track: I have one guitar track for a bass guitar that has a pedalboard plugin w/ an auto wah pedal on it. Whenever I open up a new guitar track, it also has the auto wah effect, even if I have no plugins set up on that track yet. If I turn off the pedalboard on the original track, the auto wah goes away, but comes back if I turn it on.

Restarting the computer can fix these things as well.

Having a similar issue on another track: I have one guitar track for a bass guitar that has a pedalboard plugin w/ an auto wah pedal on it. Whenever I open up a new guitar track, it also has the auto wah effect, even if I have no plugins set up on that track yet. If I turn off the pedalboard on the original track, the auto wah goes away, but comes back if I turn it on.