Is Logic Pro X the most CPU & RAM efficient DAW?

ni guang xin

I'm currently learning to produce music on Logic Pro X with my aged and low configured iMac, my computer is pretty slow, freezes when there're too many tabs on the browser kinda slow, however, Logic runs considerably smooth and stable on this iMac! I mean, much smoother than Garage Band, iTunes, Safari! I guess perhaps Logic Pro X has some of the best coding in the world? how else would it run so well on my old computer?

my mac's spec: mid-2014, 21.5 inch model, 1.4GHz duel core intel i5, 8GB of RAM, and a slow hard drive, no ssd.

I'm thinking of learning Ableton Live and FL Studio in the future, but don't know if they'll run as well as Logic did on my computer, I know I can just download the demos and try it out, but I would to hear what you awesome folks think about DAWs in term of CPU and RAM efficiency : )

have a great day lol!

All professional DAWs are pretty efficient on their preferred platforms.

Logic runs very good on macOS because there's no other option.

Cubase runs very good on Windows, but not that good on the Mac.

Once you start adding heavy plugins to your projects and they become more complex, the picture changes and it matters what computer you have.

Most of the Logic plug-ins are pretty efficient, especially the legacy ones. Some of the new additions, like Alchemy and ChromaVerb and a few of the older ones like Space Designer and Sculpture can be pretty heavy on the CPU. It's easy to over look the native synths in Logic, but they are really good and one could definitely produce great sounding tracks with them.

And as an added bonus, this group here is the most friendly and helpful collection of people you will ever find on the interwebs. Just keep the RTFM questions to a minimum, please.

All professional DAWs are pretty efficient on their preferred platforms.

Logic runs very good on macOS because there's no other option.

Cubase runs very good on Windows, but not that good on the Mac.

Once you start adding heavy plugins to your projects and they become more complex, the picture changes and it matters what computer you have.

And to think that Steinberg stuff used to be great on a Mac, but the oh-my-god-this-is-crap Cubase 4 (the first OSX version IIRC) was so spectacularly craptastic that I switched to Logic. I mean, it isn't like a HUGE percentage of musicians use Macs....

I mean, it isn't like a HUGE percentage of musicians use Macs....

That's hard to gauge. The majority of musicians I know, use Macs. Some use both platforms. Some play instruments, some are full on composers, other enthusiasts.

And some people wish they had a Mac, but in their country the Mac is too expensive.

In the end it's just a tool to create something.