Is this new mac mini good for logic? Thanks

elvin.cepin

Hello,

I want to buy Mac mini Intel (4 cores) i3 3.6GHZ, 8GB, 256GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, MAC OS (2020) for 899€

https://istore.lt/mac-mini-intel-i3-3-6ghz-8gb-256gb-intel-uhd-630-mac-os-2020.html

or maybe i could even get it cheaper at black friday

or other option is Mac mini Intel (6 cores) i5 3.0GHZ, 8GB, 512GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, MAC OS (2020) for 1219€

https://istore.lt/mac-mini-intel-i5-3-0ghz-8gb-512gb-intel-uhd-630-mac-os-2020.html#reviews-link

both are totally brand new with warranty.

I have some savings, but still im more into budged option. All I want is to have decent mac for final cut and logic, talking about storage perhaps i could additionally use external drives because its cheaper and practical option.

So what can you advice, will i really suffer choosing cheaper over the descent 1219€ (at least i count it as optional choice). As i've red the 899€ is late 2018 and RAMS are UPGRADABLE. So if i3 is okay and for a while to use 8 gb of ram is also okay (because my session will not grow immediately) after some time i can make it 16 or 32 depending on how much it will cost.

The thing is i've tried basically all mainstream daws with my macbook pro mid 2010 and i found garageband most appealing to me, i've decided to test logic right away with it's trial version, but my mac failed to handle smart controls panel as from previous research i found out my mac has to have metal support card to handle that.

So i have never used logic but i am really sure its workflow type and apple design is for me, I am afraid to buy second hand macbook or something because what if same sh*t will happen and my money will be wasted. New is new, warranty is safety and peace of mind.

Thank you soo much for your time, im hoping to get some answers,

Best of luck,

Elvis

Unless something has changed though, the i7 is the only one that employs multi-threading, which is very helpful running orchestral sample libraries.

If you mostly just record audio, vocals, guitars, etc. probably matters less.

All the Mac mini’s are not as good as iMacs for video editing though because the GPU is not as good.

Thank you all for answers. Im finalising my decision.

Mac mini i7-8700 3.2GHz/16GB/256GB (with idea to get external drive with 1-2tb soon)

or Mac mini i5-8500 3.0GGHz/8GB/512GB? (with idea to boost ram soon)

Is i7 investment? This multi-theading thing and little better gpu for a adaptable person.

It's not that easy to change Ram yourself in the Mac Mini. Are you good with small screws and small connectors and doing surgery on a computer?

https://eshop.macsales.com/installvideos/mac-mini-2018-memory/Macmini8-1/

Is i7 investment? This multi-theading thing and little better gpu for a adaptable person.

Multi-threading is very helpful in Logic.

The GPU is the same on every new Mac Mini model.

It's not that easy to change Ram yourself. Are you good with small screws and small connectors and doing surgery on a computer?

I am going to have my local Mac authorized dealer install my RAM upgrade, looks too hard for my fumbling fingers.

Yes, GPUs are the same in all these minis, you need an iMac to get a better one.

It's not that easy to change Ram yourself in the Mac Mini. Are you good with small screws and small connectors and doing surgery on a computer?

https://eshop.macsales.com/installvideos/mac-mini-2018-memory/Macmini8-1/

I am afraid to, so i would go to local computer guys will do the work for the price of the actual mac screw kit 10-20€

Another thing in my mind pops up about the RAM cards. Which one to buy? There are hundreds of them.

And another one to consider.. If i open up my mac mini with screws, is my warranty still available? No rules broken?