Odd sound issue

TheKillerQueen88
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Hi guys,

I have been using Logic Pro X for a couple of weeks after switching from Garageband. I have a really weird issue where I have 4 guitar tracks ( two using 3rd dimension "amp" and 2 using Arena Ready "amp")

All was working fine ,added the arangement and moved bits about. I then went to add another guitar track , but whatever amp I chose, the sound was still 3rd dimension amp sound. If I then selected my Arean Ready track in the project, that then sounded the same as 3rd dimension. Playing it back was fine, its just when I play my guitar to hear the sound. However the new track, both records and plays with the wrong "amp" sound. Even if i choose an acoustic amp , it still sounds 3rd dimensional as if something is locked somewhere and applying the effects to all tracks includng new ones.

I have checked the inspector and no effects are on the new track and nothing has been added to the previous ones. I asked a friend to take a look and he also couldn't see what the issue was. He said that sometimes files just get corrupted so id be better off copying and pasting it all into a new project. So i did this , which took me two hours as it kept splitting whole tracks into multiples and putting them in the wrong time frame. Got it all arranged ready to again add a new guitar track, and the same thing happened.

I sent the project to my friend, and he added a couple of piano bits which recorded fine and sounded fine. He sent them back and I played them to confirm they were fine, but when I changed his paino to a guitar amp, it then went back to the 3rd dimensional sound.

Is this a bug somehwere or something I have pressed thats locked something?

Ive wasted 6 hours trying to sort this , and can't complete the song without it working correctly. At this point I am tempted to just go back to Garageband whcih works fine.

Thanks

It's most likely not a bug but a routing mistake. Can you share some screenshots of your Mixer to illustrate your description?

How to attach files to your post

Mixer screenshot attached. The black and orange amp , is the new track that sounds the same as 3rd dimensional , which then made all tracks sound the same as 3rd dimensional..

Thanks!

906395708_Screenshot2020-09-28at16_46_31.thumb.png.14826141a40300ad052369c56e4177a1.png

Well now I can see the top of your channel strips! Great. Next question: when you're listening to the sound of a track is that with your live guitar or playing back whatever's recorded onto the track?

Cool - its live!

If i record the new track and playback, it plays as it should.

If i also select up and choose one of the already recorded amps, the live playback is also the first 3rd dimensional sound, and not Arena Ready (but plays fine again when playing it)

Well now I can see the top of your channel strips! Great. Next question: when you're listening to the sound of a track is that with your live guitar or playing back whatever's recorded onto the track?

Cool - its live!

If i also select up and choose one of the already recorded amps, the live playback is also the first 3rd dimensional sound, and not Arena Ready (but plays fine again when playing it)

Just to add to that - i have just done another test, and if i playback and hear it correct, and then change the amp, the live playback then sounds right. But i have to record something first and change the amp to get it to playback live correctly.

Cool - its live!

Just to add to that - i have just done another test, and if i playback and hear it correct, and then change the amp, the live playback then sounds right. But i have to record something first and change the amp to get it to playback live correctly.

and another ,test , if i then go back to Arena Ready one of the pre recorded tracks, the live amp is still the black and orange that i just changed.

You have multiple I buttons engaged.

Here's what I suggest:

1. Choose Logic Pro X > Preferences > Audio and click the "General" button within the Audio preferences.

2. Deselect "Input monitoring only for the focused track.... etc.

3. From now on R-enable the track you want to monitor.

Thanks, input monitoring is however de-selected , unless its lying to me?

You have multiple I buttons engaged.

Here's what I suggest:

1. Choose Logic Pro X > Preferences > Audio and click the "General" button within the Audio preferences.

2. Deselect "Input monitoring only for the focused track.... etc.

3. From now on R-enable the track you want to monitor.

Thanks, input monitoring is however de-selected , unless its lying to me?

1766909525_Screenshot2020-09-28at17_39_45.thumb.png.96b1b48f9079f2e2fed700bd977baf9d.png