TOTO: Falling In Between

dkgross

Hey dkgross,

Very cool song! I haven't had time to dig in for anything close to a full analysis. For starters though, what do you think of these as potential meters for the first three sections? (Obviously, the bars could be grouped differently from what I have below.)

(This assumes all eighth-notes/quavers are equal)

Intro:

|| 6/8, 6/8, 2/4, 9/8, 4/4 ||

Verse:

|| 4/4, 4/4, 4/4, 4/4, 4/4, 4/4, 4/4, 6/4 ||

Chorus:

|| 5/4, 6/4, 5/4, 6/4 ||

I'll work on this some more later on. . .

Hello,

A very good album.

I saw Toto twice in France during the Fallin in between tour.

Fantastic show.

Sorry that Mike Porcaro was not there during the second comin due to his hand injury but Lee Sklar is a good bass player.

It worth the price to see them in concert. Sincerely.

Bye

Djam

what I love the most is that even with all the time sig changes, the stuff just flows solid and smooth..Thank you Simon Phillips :)

I didn't get to see the Falling In Between tour :( I'm soo jealous you saw them twice in France!!! Blows my mind that this country ignores them so much.

I actually had tix to the LA show, but had to cancel for a family emergency. Gave them to a friend of mine in LA..She said it was simply AMAZING. And, ya...Lee kicks butt :)

http://www.toto99.com

yup..same band. Simon Phillips took over on drums after Jeff Porcaro's passing.

and, on this album/tour, they added Greg Philliganes on keys. David Paich didn't play on this tour (tho he's all over the recordings). And Tony Spinner helps out on gtr. He rocks as well.

Even after nearly 30 years... the songwriting and arranging is simply great. The album before Falling was "Mindfields". I actually like the songwriting on it a little bit more (reminds me of TOTO 4), but the production/mix is better..Not that T4 sucked at all....

I'll post here again when the Live DVD from this years tour comes out. In the meantime...treat yourselves to the DVD from a few years ago. The mix is great, as is the playing!!!!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/104-6998634-7051142?initialSearch=1&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=toto+dvd&Go.x=0&Go.y=0&Go=Go

Hello,

David Paich was not there because of a problem of his sister's health at the beginning of the tour.

There is also Lee Sklar to replace Mike Porcaro on the bass guitar.

At the beginning of the Falling in beetween, Mike was there, but during the second coming in France, Mike was not able to continue the tour due to a problem at his left hand.

Concerning Toto, they are like the good wine.

They are better and better with the years.

I'm an old fan of Toto (almost 30 years) and it's always a pleasure to see them and to hear their songs.

I hope to see them again.

Djam

So contrary to popular belief, it wasn't' the fact he was lost in AFRICA!!

:wink:

You won't get many of these from me... they were a bit before my time. Kinda..

I think it was more because I was into Proince and Michael Jackson at the time... Although radios only really played Cold Chisel and Midnight Oil... with a little bit of AC/DC!!!

that's why you gotta look to us old farts, Simon...We'll point you to some stuff to listen to :)

and, imvho...Michael Jackson's 'Off The Wall' album is one of THE best records in history.

treat yourself to the "Falling' and "Mindfields' TOTO albums. You won't be dissapointed. I use 'Mindfields' as one of my go-to mix reference CD's.

Wow- they must use Garageband to do that!

(hehehe...sorry, I could not resist...)

I wish they would do a new live DVD, caue that album is sweet! I am adding it to my xmas list! Played "Hold the Line" in a band eons ago, with a nod to "I'll Supply the Love" worked in there. Amazing band. These guys and Saga are my top two "guilty pleasure" bands that non-musician friends know very little or nothing about. Sad in a way...

Actually that would be the ultimate insult to ProTools... or even Logic..

If there a few people out there who were able to create a platinum album with just Garageband...

I'm sure it can be done!!

I'm sure it's not that hard. Technically you would still be in advance of what they were getting out of analogue 10 years ago and beyond.

Nikki...apparatnly, there's a new TOTO Live CD out...I thought there were doing a DVD video tho...I'll see what I can find out.

http://www.toto99.com/releases/toto/fibliverelease.shtml

Falling In Between Live Double CD —

Thu, Oct 11, 2007

"Falling In Between Live", the new Double CD in stereo audio featuring the full Paris show from March 2007 will be released in Europe on October 29th! The US release will follow in early 2008, Japan and Far East are still to be confirmed.

The DVD will be released worldwide in early 2008.