Library Download Issue

ozinga

Yes David,

But it is orange as Logic gave the failed prompt. When I select reload it gives the no internet error.

By the way is there really updated stuff or is my library corrupt?

I get

Soundpacks/Keyboard Collection outdated

Alchemy Visions Incomplete

224186985_ScreenShot2020-10-13at08_22_46.thumb.png.2043fe3a8178cb434cb9e36b084499d7.png

215157058_ScreenShot2020-10-13at08_28_02.thumb.png.7d69f5259d25ab97140cfb47364ceb51.png

I have done nothing, except keep Logic open all day. The Sound Library manager has decided that I have nothing to load/download, which was probably true in the first place. I suspect some manifest got scrozzled on a server somewhere and told all of us that our sound libraries were incomplete...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm having the same problem, but mine occurs at the end of the download. I currently have 261 GB free on the drive, so that's not the issue. The problem occurs regardless of whether I'm trying to download an entire package or just pieces.

117028845_ScreenShot2022-10-09at7_41_41PM.png.71b49bb37da88c37f83b328e810c5f04.png

If I hit the Retry button, the downloaded amount goes above 100% and then fails again:

754986785_ScreenShot2022-10-09at7_49_47PM.png.7f21560e7b2a317480766e91ef68e590.png

I've tried relocating the sound library to another volume (nope), relocating it back to the boot volume where it was originally (nope), and wholesale deleting the loops and instruments for both Logic and GarageBand via the About This Mac → Storage → Manage interface and then attempting to re-download (nope). In the last case, I first tried GarageBand, which downloaded 17 GB without any issue. Opening Logic resulted in the dialog asking me to download the Essentials package (~147 MB), but it failed, so now I don't even have the Essential Sounds and Instruments for Logic Pro and MainStage package downloaded.

Could this be a corrupt preferences file? A folder permissions issue? Has anyone figured a way around this, other than incense and ritual sacrifice?

Slight update:

I've discovered where the files are actually being downloaded by looking at the list of Logic's open files and ports in the inspector in Activity Monitor while downloading. They're downloaded to a randomly named folder in

/private/var/folders/vb/[randomness]/C[possiblyRandom]/com.apple.MusicApps/audiocontentdownload.apple.com/

The files downloaded are .pkg and .resumeDataMA (whatever that is). I tried installing one of the .pkg files, and it seemed to install fine, at least according to the installer and my poking around in the /Library/Application Support/Logic folder, but the files don't seem to show up in the browsers in Logic. 🤷‍♂️

Once Logic decides that something is wrong, the files in that folder are instantly deleted (i.e., before you choose to cancel the download).

Edited by fourquarts
grammar, update