Getting rid of local menus and scrollbars

David Nahmani

Sometimes when creating screensets, screen real estate becomes an expensive commodity. Especially on those tiny windows showing one or two items in a corner: you don't want each window's scrollbars, navigations and zoom tools and local menus to take 20% of the window's space.

Well, Logic Pro 7 offers an easy solution: hold both Option and Command while clicking on the title bar of the window. Woof! Scrollbars and local menus disappear, leaving you only with the content of the windows you are interested in!

Here you can see an example of the same window with (left) and without (right) scrollbars and menus. Notice the amount of pixels saved!

http://logicprohelp.com/tipsimages/003.gif

Edited by David Nahmani

That's a bug in 7.01, but it's fixed in 7.1: you will be able to save the state of a window withing a screenset, and also when closing and re-opening a window.
Will this also fix the bug/feature where the link status isn't remembered when closing and reopening, say, a matrix window? With pre-7 Logic, it worked.

Will this also fix the bug/feature where the link status isn't remembered when closing and reopening, say, a matrix window? With pre-7 Logic, it worked.

Unfortunately not (I just installed my copy of 7.1), but at least it does remember that status in screensets (just like it did in 7.0).

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

lovely, but the bad thing is that they are floating windows, no way to get that in a non floating windows?

this is crucial in logic 8 cause you can't resize windows smaller than a certain size, now i have a lot of wasted space, but if i try to make them floating i cannot see the other logic windows when i open them, they stay under the mixer damnit!!

• 1 year later...