Any way to update/download 10.5.1?

fatherom
Go to solution Solved by eluke,

In case anyone else has an issue similar to mine in this category, here is my solution.

I had to do a reformat and clean reinstall of Mojave 10.14.6. When I did, I found I couldn't download Logic Pro X; the App Store wanted to force me to upgrade to Catalina to run the only version available on the front end of the App Store. I started chatting with Apple Support, who insisted I could not have an old version of Logic. They were confused by the very concept and said I should upgrade to Big Sur. No thank you.

Turns out, the old versions are there if you paid for them previously.

1. Go to App Store>Store>View My Account (you need to be logged into the App Store, obvs).

2. Click the icon for Logic Pro X

3. It will tell you it can't download the current version, but will offer you the most-recent version of the app

4. Download and you're good to go.

So, you had to reinstall all your plugins again? All I want is the new Logic sampler. Definitely don’t want to reinstall all my plugins. I can wait.

• 9 months later...

I'm using Mojave, last week I was having a similar issue trying to download 10.5.1 from the App Store, but last night it finally downloaded:
1. I compressed and moved my Logic 10.4.4 app & its aliases to an external HD,
2. "ejected" that external HD in Disk Utility,
3. logged out & quit the App Store, then
4. rebooted my iMac. Logic 10.5.1 downloaded from the App Store perfectly.

BUT...Logic 10.5.1 wont open...a window says "You Are Using Incompatible Audio Units", then it says "you have 1 Audio Unit enabled which did not pass validation..."

Out of a lack of any other ideas, I opened Logic 10.4.4, disabled every Audio Unit including the Apple plugins, all to no avail. 10.5.1 still gets stuck on that same "You Are Using Incompatible Audio Units" window.

Can anyone offer some advice?

Edited by TheUncannyValley
Make It More Succinct

After you get the 1 AU won't pass validation message, continue to run Logic, go to the plugin manager, and find the plugin that is listed as failed validation. Then you can remove/uninstall that plugin by removing it from the Components folder.

If Logic won't run at all, this is always the same procedure when you want to troubleshoot third-party plugins:-

Move them out of the Components folder in chunks, and reload Logic each time until you can identify which plugin isn't loading properly. Then you can move it out of the Components folder to uninstall it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, des99 said:

After you get the 1 AU won't pass validation message, continue to run Logic, go to the plugin manager, and find the plugin that is listed as failed...

Move them out of the Components folder in chunks, and reload Logic each time until you can identify which plugin isn't loading properly. Then you can move it out of the Components folder to uninstall it.

I'm going to have to go with your second suggestion because 10.5.1 just refuses to open. But that's alright because I hadn't thought of doing that. Thank you!

• 4 months later...

I was struggling with this problem until I deleted my Logic Pro 10.4.  Then when I want to *my account* in the App Store, it offered to download the latest compatible version, which was Logic Pro 10.5.  (It didn't offer this while the old Logic was still installed.)  By the way, I restarted my Mac between deleting the old Logic and going to the App Store.  (I am using Mojave on an old 2015 MBA — which I still happily use because of other old software I need to run.)

• Like 1

On 6/11/2023 at 7:37 AM, profbirdbrain said:

I was struggling with this problem until I deleted my Logic Pro 10.4.  Then when I want to *my account* in the App Store, it offered to download the latest compatible version, which was Logic Pro 10.5.  (It didn't offer this while the old Logic was still installed.)  By the way, I restarted my Mac between deleting the old Logic and going to the App Store.  (I am using Mojave on an old 2015 MBA — which I still happily use because of other old software I need to run.)

So you & I essentially followed the same steps...instead of deleting Logic 10.4x, I compressed it, moved it to an external drive, then unmounted that drive - same result.

Some people get really bent out of shape over the sometimes weird & random restrictions Apple puts in to place, I usually find them amusing...in their way. As long as I can find a resolution online that is.

Are you using 10.5 or 10.5.1 now?