Edit multiple audio tracks simultaneously?

fuzzyoctaves
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Is there a way to edit (cut, paste, move, etc...) multiple tracks simultaneously?

Here are two use cases:

1. I am recording guitar and I record a wet stereo track and a DI (for reamping). The DI track shows the transients clearly and and some are off the beat. I want to move sections of the DI and wet tracks at the same time.

2. I have 9 drum tracks including room mics and I want to change the arrangement without mixing it all into a single track.

I tried using track stacks, but that doesn't seem to let me edit the audio. Maybe I am missing something?

• Solution
Thanks so much David! I'm so glad to have found this resource. I just bought your book.

Great! Hope you like it. Let me know here on this forum if you have any questions. :D

One more question: I am unsure of what the "Group slot" is. I found the settings you mentioned in the "Mix" dropdown menu.

In the Mixer, the slots are labeled on the left:

944003620_groupslot.png.f18e4fa67d02f73134489d4032f980d2.png

• 1 year later...

Hello David. I am not sure if I need to open a new topic for this. But my question seems related with this one. And I need further info on something. Is there a way to display two audio regions in same Audio Track Editor window? I know it is possible for MIDI. But I couldn't find a way to do it for Audio. Your answer is much appreciated. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Ali Serdar Şahin said:

Is there a way to display two audio regions in same Audio Track Editor window? I know it is possible for MIDI. But I couldn't find a way to do it for Audio.

Just select the two audio regions and open the Audio Track Editor. Of course they need to be on the same track, as the Audio Track Editor can only ever display one single track at a time.

Edited by polanoid

23 hours ago, polanoid said:

Just select the two audio regions and open the Audio Track Editor. Of course they need to be on the same track, as the Audio Track Editor can only ever display one single track at a time.

Thanks a lot for your response. I think I wasn't clear enough. What I need is, to display two regions from separate tracks in on edit window. Like a doubled guitar region. So I can compare both to fix timing and other issues.

Thnaks!