One or more regions on one or more tracks cannot be processed by ARA?

Maestro777

The message I am getting when I launch a Project using Melodyne:

One or more regions on one or more tracks cannot be processed by ARA. Apple Loops, compressed audio files, and reversed regions cannot be processed, nor can regions on a track with Flex active. You can bounce the region in place or to another track, then try processing the bounced region.

I understand the message but I'd done nothing within this Project since the last time I launched it and it was working perfectly fine. Which aside from being a mystery; the fact that I have a ton of vocal tracks using Melodyne ARA makes it nearly impossible to determine which of these tracks is causing Logic to throw up this message or how to correct the issue even if I do identify the root cause other than to disable or remove the plugin and loose all my hard devoted work.

If anyone could suggest what steps can be taken to quickly identify which track(s) using ARA would invoke the message I would love to hear the feedback.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated as well.

Make sure flex.anything is turned off on any track that has meldyne.ara on it. You may as well do them all in one shot. I've shot myself in the foot more than once inadvertently while making changes elsewhere in the composition.

I use Melodyne extensively, as well as SmartTempo/Beatmapping/Flex, and in the process have developed a workflow that specifically avoids having that situation arise...hth.../s~

• 1 year later...

I was able to resolve the problem though it wasn't really straight forward nor obvious as to why the messages began happening. Still clueless to this day but somehow flex was sending signals to Logic that it was turned on for the tracks that I had an ARA plugin on (Melodyne in my case). In which case Logic throws the dialog. I know I wasn't using flex during any of my work in that particular project so how it was turned on is still beyond me.

I'd imagine you're getting that dialog when you attempt to bounce a track using ARA? If so, you'll have to temporarily turn the ARA plugin off, then bounce the region(s) on that track by-passing your plugins. Afterward, you should be able to re-enable your ARA plugin and bounce the track w/o that problem.

Try that with one track and let us know the result. If it fixed it or not.

Thanks for your reply. I literally just opened the project and got the errors come up, no bouncing or anything. I’ve got Melodyne on one track and a couple with flex on but disabling these doesn’t help. I didn’t get a specific track reference like you did so it’s harder to track down a culprit but clearly Melodyne is in the frame! Will keep investigating meanwhile. 

13 hours ago, Plastic Meanie said:

I’ve got Melodyne on one track and a couple with flex on but disabling these doesn’t help. I didn’t get a specific track reference like you did so it’s harder to track down a culprit but clearly Melodyne is in the frame! Will keep investigating meanwhile. 

Maybe you misunderstood me? I didn't say to disable flex...."you'll have to temporarily turn the ARA plugin off, then bounce the region(s) on that track by-passing your plugins." Also I didn't say I got a specific track reference.

Disabling flex won't resolve the issue. But if you bounce the track, flex should automatically turn off (Or at least satisfy Logic's concern) for the track you have Melodyne on. But you have to do it for every track Melodyne is on. It doesn't make a difference if you have 10 tracks with flex on; the issue is b/c Logic believes the track you have Melodyne  on has flex enabled as well. 

I don't know why it works, but it does. What's your version of Melodyne?

Edited by Maestro777