Midi controled pedalboard

cmf

Nope. But, to be quite frank....I start to suspect that the problem resides within the BIAS FX2 plugin itself. Everything else I try to "Learn", works as expected..... hmmm

You could be on to something then. However, aren't you using the same Bias FX2 plug-in in your new user account and the current? Is there some additional settings/preferences/software related to the Bias FX2 plug-in on your current user account that isn't in the new one?

Well, lo and behold, done a lot of trouble shooting this morning. And to cut a looong story short, it turns out that the old girl, Logic, still suffers from old coding(thus the name "logic" often seems to be misplaced :-)). At least with the 10.4.8 version in this case. Logic have a controler path problem, if tracks resides within Track Stacks(witch was the case here). It doesn't matter what plugins you use, assigning an external controller to the Smart Control parameter, doesn't work. The Smart Control parameter have no problem communicating with the plugin, but you cannot assign an external controller to it. Tried dishing sc and plist several times inbetween new sessions...new ones and old ones. The new account as well.

So, as long as you stick to Audio tracks that aren't part of a Track stack, you're good. Having assigned an external controller, and then moving the track to a Track Stack, also interrupts the connection. You can, however, use a VCA.

And thanx for you guys and the forum.

But still, I wonder: Audio tracks can't read external CC data, unless read and registered through the Smart control. The parameter registered ARE CC, then how come that plugins, inserted on Audio tracks, that read CC midi data(0-127), dont react to it(only automation mode)....when they recieve it now through control center, where the external controllers are read?

When they are used on instrument tracks, they react to the CC data, as they should....

In this BIAS FX2 plugin, one can choose to assign either midi or automation to each pedal.

Saying this not knowing anything about the BIAS specifically, but I use Guitar Rig sometimes and I suspect BIAS works similar. When inserted as an instrument, the BIAS will receive midi just like any other software instrument, and you use sidechain to get the audio from the guitar. Audio tracks just don't do this...

It's possible but quite clunky to set up. In my opinion setting it up with controller assignments and using an audio track is much more straightforward. You set the track to touch or latch, record arm it and press record. Using the software instrument method requires you to use a separate audio track for recording, and you also need to record the midi sent to the BIAS, and to play the recording back you need to setup new tracks for that too etc... Better used for live use in my opinion... Edited by JakobP