Record on one track while reading the score from another?

Antaren
Go to solution Solved by volovicg,

I have 2 piano tracks, one called “piano this one” and the other, “piano copy.” I’d like to record on the “piano copy” track while reading the scrolling music already recorded on the “piano this one ” track.

I have it set up in the Main Window so that “piano this one” is muted out. I have the “piano copy” track set up with the red “R” button activated. The “piano copy” track is highlighted.

2025662577_ScreenShot2021-05-03at7_35_57AM.png.a7d1a33a054a8b80a29adc52622b2a35.png

I bring up the Score Window. I see the the notes that were recorded in “piano this one.” As soon as I hit “record” and I start playing, the Score Window switches to the “piano copy” track and I can no longer see the scrolling score from the “piano this one” track.

Is there a way to set up this project so I can record on the “piano copy” track while still being able to read the scrolling score from the "piano this one" track in the Score Window? Thanks.

Yes

Open up a score window in a separate window (not the embedded window)

Turn content link off in that window (after you have the track you want displayed in that score window )

Now it will display the score as you record another track

It'll work in the Score pane of the Tracks window as well. I do it all the time. Granted, some time recently I started stumbling across some auto zoom bugs (or maybe just quirks I haven't bothered to figure out yet), but it can be corrected and then work can continue as normal.

All right, here's what I've got. Not sure if a screenshot will be clear enough but I've got scenes to finish and can't do a screen recording right now. The Bosendorfer is in the score pane, but I'm recording nonsense on the Crotales track at the same time. Or am I actually misreading something?

EDIT: Actually figured out how the attachments work (haven't attached anything since the previous site design!) so the photo should be viewable now.

1697017079_ScreenShot2021-05-05at1_09_06AM.thumb.png.1d572f02a1a63403e4b1d77a70e5a2fe.png