Logic Sample Locations in Finder

Nunstummy

I've accumulated samples over the last 15 years. They're usually installed in default locations like /Library/Application Support/Logic but they are also all over the place depending on the vendor. I have 1 sample pack that works in Logic | Loop browser called "Dark Side of the Groove" but I cannot find the source of these samples anywhere on my HD/SSD. I have all my other samples, including Apple, Logic, GarageBand, Komplete Kontrol and many others dragged into ADSR Sample Manager, but I can't find this 1 pack. It's driving me nuts!!

Is there a way in logic to reveal the source of a sample in Finder?

1409505148_Image2021-05-06at4_09PM.jpeg.e8b525a3c60e340d3ec7df351707c39e.jpeg1409505148_Image2021-05-06at4_09PM.jpeg.e8b525a3c60e340d3ec7df351707c39e.jpeg

Is there a way in logic to reveal the source of a sample in Finder?

Drag the loop over to the Tracks area.

Then press F on keyboard for the Files window. Select the Loop in that window and right-click it and select Show File in Finder.

Tried that. As soon as you drag a sample into a track it becomes an asset of the Project, so the location in Finder is .../projectname/Audio Files. Doesn’t tell you the source of the sample.

As soon as you drag a sample into a track it becomes an asset of the Project, so the location in Finder is .../projectname/Audio Files. Doesn’t tell you the source of the sample.

Didn't happen on my side. I only have Audio Files selected in the save dialog, no loops or samples. It took me to the folder where the sample was stored, usually Application Support.