Logic crashing every project

Nurmine

Hi,

Sorry for only joining to get help, but I have a life-threatening issue going on.

I've been mixing a bunch of songs for clients, used countless hours doing them, and now suddenly Logic is crashing EVERY project during the plugin scan. None of them opens. I can only open empty files.

Computer reset done, new updates done, tried to open earlier backups, nothing works.

I would appreciate loads if someone has any clue how could I open my files.

Thank you,

I tried disabling third-party plugins but it still crashes after trying to enable core audio. The plugin scan usually stops and crashes with Pro Q 3, Waves, and even with Chromaverb. I tried disabling those.

I have a lot of stuff that is registered iLok license manager, such as. Soothe2, Soundtoys stuff, etc.

I tried disabling third-party plugins but it still crashes after trying to enable core audio. The plugin scan usually stops and crashes with Pro Q 3, Waves, and even with Chromaverb. I tried disabling those.

I have a lot of stuff that is registered iLok license manager, such as. Soothe2, Soundtoys stuff, etc.

Fabfilter have updates to try to fix the iLok random plugin crashes issue (they have a support note about this on their site), so it's worth updating those if you haven't already. Otherwise, if this is the random iLok crash issue (which, as you say it crashes on different plugins, it's likely the culprit - this has been discussed on other threads here), then the main workaround seems to be - start Logic with a new empty project. Load the plugins that are typically crashing in your projects into this empty project once, so they load properly.

Then close that project and try to load your existing project. If the plugins have loaded once, then the iLok memory corruption issue doesn't tend to interfere again, and you should find your projects load Ok.

Yes, this is a pain, yes, Pace are aware of it, no, they haven't said anything publicly about it or whether a fix is coming soon.

Anyway, it's worth a try if it gets you back up and running.

Thanks for the replies, really appreciate it. I tried both things you told me, but unfortunately, nothing helps.

I could always mix those songs again as the files are still fine, but if it suddenly crashes, all will be lost again.

Hi,

Moved the components of certain plugins out of the component folder to the desktop and now the project opens. Probably have to re-install those plugins.

I'll let you know, and hopefully, if anyone ever experiences the same, it'd help.