M1 Compatible Audio Plugins

Regarding Melodyne: ARA is not currently possible in Logic Pro X running native. This is because when native, Logic uses the AUHostingService (for native AUs) or the AUHostingCompatibilityService (for Intel). These run in separate processes from Logic, and this prevents ARA from working. This is something that Apple will have to fix.

Celemony has a note about it here:
https://helpcenter.celemony.com/M5/doc/melodyneStudio5/en/M5tour_LogicARA_InsertVorbereitungen?env=logic

15 hours ago, teilo said:

I know a lot of people have been waiting for this one:

oeksound soothe2 and spiff are now native.

soothe2 is so good, but i had to abandon it (i used it exclusively in ozone 9 advanced), and it stopped working there (and neither izotope nor oeksound sorted it out). but it's a great plugin...

24 minutes ago, fisherking said:

soothe2 is so good, but i had to abandon it (i used it exclusively in ozone 9 advanced), and it stopped working there (and neither izotope nor oeksound sorted it out). but it's a great plugin...

I'm very confused, as Soothe2 is made by Oeksound. Ozone is made by Izotope. They are two seperate companies and two separate plug ins. You can't use Soothe2 in Ozone 9 advanced the same way you can't use ANY third party plug ins inside Ozone 9 advanced..you have to use their modules.. I believe you're confused. Or I am :)

6 minutes ago, sonic_ally said:

I'm very confused, as Soothe2 is made by Oeksound. Ozone is made by Izotope. They are two seperate companies and two separate plug ins. You can't use Soothe2 in Ozone 9 advanced the same way you can't use ANY third party plug ins inside Ozone 9 advanced..you have to use their modules.. I believe you're confused. Or I am :)

you am :). i use ozone 9 advanced standalone, and you can use any AU (or vst) in the standalone. i used soothe2 for a long time near the end of my plugin chain, to work it's magic in my masters (& i miss it).

but the current ozone 9 does not recognize soothe2, and neither developer could (or would) sort it out.

Just now, sonic_ally said:

how can i stop getting emails everytime someone decides to post

Click the bell at the top right, click "Notification Settings", and then set whatever notifications settings you want on that page, including turning off emails etc.

6 minutes ago, sonic_ally said:

how can i stop getting emails everytime someone decides to post

You can click the green "Follow topic" button at the top right of this page to stop following this topic. Also when replying to a topic there's a "Follow topic" switch at the bottom right of the reply box. 

• Like 1

Hi guys.  I've been following up on Kontakt being M1 native now.  However, when I try to run Logic in M1 mode, I am getting a RAM limit of 1.0 GB.  This can be seen in Options > Memory > KMS - Kontakt Memory Server.  I have to run Logic through Rosetta to gain all my 6.2 GB of available RAM (my Mac Mini is an 8 GB base model).  

Trying to run 1.0 GB with some of my libraries results in a low memory warning.  I don't want to run Logic in Rosetta anymore.  Kontakt standalone (not as a plugin through Logic) appears to load all my RAM just fine.  Is Kontakt as a Logic plugin still not M1 native? Am I missing something?

5 hours ago, WCMusician said:

Hi guys.  I've been following up on Kontakt being M1 native now.  However, when I try to run Logic in M1 mode, I am getting a RAM limit of 1.0 GB.  This can be seen in Options > Memory > KMS - Kontakt Memory Server.  I have to run Logic through Rosetta to gain all my 6.2 GB of available RAM (my Mac Mini is an 8 GB base model).  

Trying to run 1.0 GB with some of my libraries results in a low memory warning.  I don't want to run Logic in Rosetta anymore.  Kontakt standalone (not as a plugin through Logic) appears to load all my RAM just fine.  Is Kontakt as a Logic plugin still not M1 native? Am I missing something?

I'm on an M1 Max with 64Gb. When I enable Kontakt Memory Server, it shows 57GB of RAM available, as an AU in Logic. All native.

It sounds to me like a limitation of your available RAM. What does "Wired Memory" show in Activity Monitor, Memory tab? That is the key number that will determine how much RAM Kontakt has available.

But a bigger question: Why are you using the memory server at all? It's only purpose is to enable Kontakt to access more than 4GB of RAM when running as a 32-bit plugin, something that is not even possible on an M1 or any Mac from Catalina onward. NI has recommended turning that off ever since Kontakt went 64-bit in 5.7.1.

I would just turn it off and let the OS do its thing and see if you still have warnings.

Edited by teilo

2 hours ago, teilo said:

I'm on an M1 Max with 64Gb. When I enable Kontakt Memory Server, it shows 57GB of RAM available, as an AU in Logic. All native.

It sounds to me like a limitation of your available RAM. What does "Wired Memory" show in Activity Monitor, Memory tab? That is the key number that will determine how much RAM Kontakt has available.

But a bigger question: Why are you using the memory server at all? It's only purpose is to enable Kontakt to access more than 4GB of RAM when running as a 32-bit plugin, something that is not even possible on an M1 or any Mac from Catalina onward. NI has recommended turning that off ever since Kontakt went 64-bit in 5.7.1.

I would just turn it off and let the OS do its thing and see if you still have warnings.

Thanks for your reply. 

Per activity monitor:
Physical Memory = 8.00 GB
App Memory = 2.88 GB
Wired Memory = 1.25 GB
Running Monterey 12.3.1
Logic Pro 10.7.4

When trying to run AU plugin in M1 mode:

image.png.6b5e18e4dc3b1ffb22c31cdb887e21c4.png

When running AU plugin in Rosetta and standalone in M1:

Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 2.24.45 PM.png

I've kept Kontakt Memory Server off the entire time and see this RAM limit issue.  So, when trying to let the OS do its thing, I get low memory issues.  I only look at Kontakt Memory Server for intuitive reasons to see how much RAM I have available for my libraries. 

Any other ideas?  It seems like you're able to run Kontakt as an AU plugin in M1 (not enabling Rosetta) and see all your RAM.  I tried reinstalling Kontakt but it did not work.

Edited by WCMusician
Corrected screenshot drag and drop.

14 hours ago, WCMusician said:

Thanks for your reply. 

Per activity monitor:
Physical Memory = 8.00 GB
App Memory = 2.88 GB
Wired Memory = 1.25 GB
Running Monterey 12.3.1
Logic Pro 10.7.4

When trying to run AU plugin in M1 mode:

image.png.6b5e18e4dc3b1ffb22c31cdb887e21c4.png

When running AU plugin in Rosetta and standalone in M1:

Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 2.24.45 PM.png

I've kept Kontakt Memory Server off the entire time and see this RAM limit issue.  So, when trying to let the OS do its thing, I get low memory issues.  I only look at Kontakt Memory Server for intuitive reasons to see how much RAM I have available for my libraries. 

Any other ideas?  It seems like you're able to run Kontakt as an AU plugin in M1 (not enabling Rosetta) and see all your RAM.  I tried reinstalling Kontakt but it did not work.

Sorry for the double post since I can't appear to edit my last post.  But I was mistaken in my 2nd screenshot.  That screenshot is running Rosetta only through Standalone and an AU instrument.  If I try running Standalone or AU instrument in Logic with M1, I continuously get the 1.0 GB limit. 

Edited by WCMusician

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2022 at 6:02 PM, joeflyer59 said:

UPDATE:  Steven Slate Digital now run natively on M1.  (follow the link in this thread's original post under NOT SUPPORTED and it will now state otherwise! :) 

ARGH: "Steven Slate Digital" does not exist

Slate Digital (no "Steven"; makers of microphones and audio interfaces etc.) are M1 compatible. 

Steven Slate AUDIO (makers of Trigger 2 and Steven Slate Drums), are NOT supported on Apple Silicon (except in Rosetta). 

These are two separate companies, with separate staff and developers, owned by the same guy. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...