tempo hell

Drumcoot

hi

i recorded a backing track on logic x 10.04 it was set to 104bpm, recorded brass section at a studio using logic 8, using a backing bounced, tempo was left at 120bpm. i used take folders.

bring it back to mine logicx opens the logic 8 files, I drag across the brass takes and the backing track, line them up, nothings in time, driving me crazy

any advice welcome

thanks in advance

Thanks and yes to both suggestions, in the end I rebounded all tracks in place on original project, matched tempo on projects then it worked, I think some kind of flex marker issue but it wasn’t on I got a message about inactive flex markers, or tempo matching thingy, I’m quite old school user I do live recording with no click. I guess logic is for DJ producers these days

Thanks again

IFirst of all if you're going to do it the old school way just turn off Flex and the files will always playback at the speed they were recorded, no matter the project tempo.

Now if you do need Flex, then you need to remove the wrong tempo information embedded into the files recorded in a 120 bpm project: Edit > Tempo > Remove Original Recording Tempo.