Basic dragging mechanic not working

bram

Hi,

I have a problem with logic, with a function so basic, I can't even find the proper words to google it.

The problem is: whenever I drag a region somewhere, within a track, it doesn't give me the little transparent preview of where the region will be placed. I saw on someone else's computer that this should be a basic function in logic. On my version, it just doesn't show. It's really annoying because it makes it extremely difficult to simply move pieces of music around on the tracks. Normally, you would drag it and you would get a feel for where the region would be dropped. With my version, it just doesn't, and i have to look real close or try several times before i can drag it to the right place.

This should work for every version of Logic, right? It's pretty much a basic piece of accessibility that you make use of every time. But I can't seem to find out how to fix it.

I really hope someone knows the answer because this s#!+ takes so much time.

Hi,

I have a problem with logic, with a function so basic, I can't even find the proper words to google it.

The problem is: whenever I drag a region somewhere, within a track, it doesn't give me the little transparent preview of where the region will be placed.

This is a known bug with an earlier Logic version. Or perhaps you're trying to move a folder on a track stack: viewtopic.php?t=139202

It's helpful if you provide basic system details so we know what Logic version you're working with, what computer, what OSX version and so on.

When you do the following function as in the image, what do you see?

lpx.gif

When I do this, it appears as if the region stays in the same place. So I don't see the translucent one that moves along with the mouse. Visually, the region doesn't move until I let go of the mouse button.

Does that make sense?