Why is part of my audio file silent!

kerochan

You don't provide enough info to be able to meaningfully determine what's going on.

If you can't find the problem, put up an example project showing the issue and we can take a look.

There is nothing hear des! its silent, though the wave form is clearly there, as you can see, until I zoom in, or bounce the file, then theres nothing to see or hear!

save the project, reboot. and/or upload the audio region here, let people take a look. there's either a 'logical' explanation (or it's a glitch)...

just rebooted and made a copy of the audio region, and its silent, when I drop it back in on the track theres no wave form to see! wierd??

its happened on a couple of recordings I made yesterday on this project. the only thing different I am using is the new Samsung SSD drive.

Looks like a faulty recording, which can happen sometimes.

Strange that it happened on your new SSD drive.

If it keeps happening there's something not right with the drive.

its happened on a couple of recordings I made yesterday on this project. the only thing different I am using is the new Samsung SSD drive.

Looks like a faulty recording, which can happen sometimes.

Strange that it happened on your new SSD drive.

If it keeps happening there's something not right with the drive.

It happened three times yesterday, end bits of audio dropping out, yet the wav file is still visible on the region, UNTIL I zoom in, then it disappears. doesnt sound like the drive, but I really don't know!

It happened three times yesterday, end bits of audio dropping out,

Keep an eye on that stuff.

Audio that doesn't get written is indicative of a problem.

Thanks triplets, I am still baffled as to why I can see the wave form until I zoom in,then it disappears! I really thought someone would be able to explain this!

Logic can have graphic glitches, but if you don't hear the audio that's supposed to be there, then recording is not working correctly.

Now for troubleshooting purposes, try recording to the spinning drive or your internal to see if the glitch is on Logic or the hard drive.

Logic can have graphic glitches, but if you don't hear the audio that's supposed to be there, then recording is not working correctly.

Now for troubleshooting purposes, try recording to the spinning drive or your internal to see if the glitch is on Logic or the hard drive.

Tried it, the glitch is not happening on the spinning drive, nor the SSD,

It was only those 3 times the other day,

The waveform graphical data is actually recorded in the audio file separately from the audio data itself, so if the file is somehow corrupted, it's possible that the waveform isn't a correct representation of the audio data.

Thanks David, I think I understand!

Strange it happened on 3 different tracks when recording at different times, but ALL exactly at the same point! does this make sense!?

The waveform graphical data is actually recorded in the audio file separately from the audio data itself, so if the file is somehow corrupted, it's possible that the waveform isn't a correct representation of the audio data.

May it be connect with auto punch? I really am baffled! and I really hope its not the new SSD!

I just checked and the wav graphic is in the region and track editor, BUT its not in the file editor

I just checked and the wav graphic is in the region and track editor, BUT its not in the file editor

The File editor tells you what's actually there. Never experienced graphical glitches there.

I tend to believe the File editor waveform.

Yep, I agree, got no choice but to believe the file editor waveform, as thats exactly what I am hearing!