Question about a repetition command for sampled percussion

lorenzogc

How do I recreate what Big Z (a Logic Pro YouTuber) is doing to the kick at 14:45? He is doing a command it seems, to make the audio appear a dark blue, or quantized automatically. Instead of seeing the transients, by doing a standard loop, this will definitely speed up the workflow. What is this trick? I left some images as well! Thanks!

299223851_ScreenShot2021-06-02at3_01_25PM.png.f36403d6c3c45b7a07b3f62a0e0fb91e.png

1st pic

129761769_ScreenShot2021-06-02at3_01_36PM.png.d399e775cff2780b65c0781d56e6273e.png

2nd pic

795488218_ScreenShot2021-06-02at3_01_50PM.png.bee98c9953f038d9c2a7196e3a9caff0.png

3rd pic

I mean, maybe it isn't quantized, regular snapping might be already involved. It might be the same as just looping it regularly, but it seems to be a different kind of region altogether, not MIDI or audio. Or maybe it's audio in a different form. Anyway, any input is appreciated! Thanks!

Interesting, he looks to be doing a trick I used to explain in one of my previous books: you pack a single audio sample into a folder so that you can then freely determine its length and then loop it. It's useful if for example your sample isn't a full beat long and you still want to repeat it on every beat.

I no longer do it that way now, I prefer to marquee select a beat worth of time (including the sample) then repeat (Command-R), which avoids using a folder at all. If you have a lot of repeats then you can perform a multiple repeat which creates as many repeats as you want in one single operation:

repeat-sample.thumb.gif.d07085d92adb309727a03dbb3d08f3c5.gif

I think we can definitely say that the marquee is the most overlooked tool in Logic!

Yes definitely there's so much you can do with it!! Snap to transients, cut, copy, paste, divide, define an area to repeat, mute, selection-based-processing, set the locators, set the bounce range, I'm sure I'm forgetting a few!! And to think that Logic 4 didn't have a Marquee tool, and that when they first introduced it I didn't see the point of having a Marquee tool. But it's come a long way since.