Jump to content

DMD Kit piece names


JCA
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi all.

I have made a DMD kit sourced from one sample. I have gone through and renamed all my pads to the relevant kit parts. I load the kit and they al there named correctly but at some point in the same session the parts revert to the names assigned by DMD from the original sample. I have re saved the kit but the same thing happens for no apparent reason.

any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance.

J.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had not thought of that. That would make sense because I keep getting a volume change on the track when there is no visible automation.

Would that show up in the list editor? I have got into editing cc data on logic where would I find that info?

Thanks.

J.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Data creating this behavior could potentially be coming from two main sources:

 

1. A MIDI region on the track.

When this happens, open the MIDI region situated where the playhead is in the Event List and look at the data it contains, try to spot any unwanted data there?

 

2. A connected MIDI device.

You can choose Logic Pro > Control Surfaces > Bypass All Control Surfaces to check if the behavior changes. You can also make sure that for your volume issues, you choose File > Project Settings > MIDI and under "General" you do not have "Control Change 7/10 controls Volume/Pan of channel strip objects" selected?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi all. I have been taking a further look at this and i can find nothing in the events list.

What I have noticed is if I save my project with a new name all my kit pieces revert to the name automatically given

by the quick sampler. If I hit revert it reloads the kit with the correct kit piece names. This is not a workable work around. I need to be confident my kit is my kit and all the names I have applied to the bits are there to stay. Any ideas anyone this is driving me nuts! Thanks peeps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder if yo have to save each kit piece as a component preset and then save the DMD preset as a patche?

 

Also what makes me think there is something fishy in your issue is about the unexpected volume changes you mentioned also occurring...

Could there be a hidden MIDI region underneath the one you select to show its content in the Event List editor?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi. Thanks for your reply. I meant to post last night to say I figured out the name changes.

And yes it was exactly what you thought. I went through and saved all the quicklampler's with the correct name and it works. The volume change also solved.

There was some automation that did not show up for some reason. ( I cant remember why.) After some fiddling I found it and deleted it.

Ta.

J.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...