Logic Pro X 10.5 book - Page 115 - Creating Hip Hop Beats [SOLVED]

Go to solution Solved by DWS,

In the Logic Pro X 10.5 book, on page 115 (Creating Hip Hop Beats) it says that after changing to the “Maurice - Boom Bap’ drummer, the project tempo stays set to 135 bpm but plays at 67.5bpm.

However, when I change the drummer as per the instructions, the project tempo changes from 135bpm to 85bpm.

Am I missing a step or instruction?

Thanks

The behavior really depends on the exact steps you take.... did you follow exactly the steps from the beginning of the lesson, in order?

I didn't have time right now to reproduce all the steps in that lesson to reach that point so all I did was:

1. Create a new empty project.

2. Create one new drummer track.

3. Set the project tempo to 135.

4. Change the drummer to Hip Hop > Maurice-Boom Bap

... and the result is 67.5 bpm.

It's possible though that with a slightly different set of steps you end up with a different result.

In the end, I wouldn't worry about it, as different Logic versions may yield a different behavior. Just change the project tempo to get the desired result.

• Solution

Thanks for your reply, David.

I'm pretty sure I followed the instructions from the beginning of the lesson - I was continuing from the previous section having saved it at page 114.

I tried the steps you gave in your email and that works as expected.

One thing I did notice was that if I "changed" the tempo from 135 to something else and then back to 135 before the start of the lesson it then worked as described.

Anyway, as you say it's not really something to worry about as I can just set the tempo as described.

I was just wondering if I'd "missed" something.

Thanks again...