Clicking on a take vs comping it [SOLVED]

Go to solution Solved by Bebop26,

Hi David,

I'm still in you course, lesson 4, Recording audio and midi.

It says that to listen to a take, within a Take folder, we just have to click on the take.

That doesn't work for me, I have to use the comp tool to bring that take at the top level in order to listen to it. Is this because I changed an option somewhere or is it the normal behavior in Logic 10.6 ?

Thanks.

That doesn't work for me, I have to use the comp tool to bring that take at the top level in order to listen to it.

What do you call "the comp tool"? What happens if you simply click a take as mentioned in the book?

Is this because I changed an option somewhere or is it the normal behavior in Logic 10.6 ?

Neither, it should still work exactly as explained in the book, so let's figure this out together here.

Feel free to add some screenshots here if you'd like: How to attach files to your post

• Solution

Hi David.

I agree that my message was not clear.

While answering you a long message with screenshots, I understood where was the problem.

My mouse pointer changes if it is over the upper area of a region (it is then a normal pointer), over the middle area of a region (is is then the marquee tool) or over the bottom area of a region (it is then what I call the comp tool, which can be used to select parts of different takes in order to bring them in the composite take that will be played).

I did that adjustment of the pointer a few months ago, while following advices by another Logic Pro expert on the web, before I found this forum and your book. I don't even remember how I managed to do that !

The good thing is thatI realized today that I can use that « comp tool » to select a take just by clicking on the take, rather than dragging over it... as long as my pointer is in the bottom part of the take.

So I have my answer and I will save a precious time by just clicking on takes with that tool rather than dragging over the take from beginning to end.

I hope this makes some sense for you.

Thanks again for answering me, David. Sorry for the trouble...