Jump to content

Audio Plays for 5 seconds then completely cuts out


thecoolkid212121
 Share

Recommended Posts

This is what poped up, "Error while trying to synchronize Audio and MIDI. Sample Rate 41,506 recognized.

Check conflict between Logic Pro and external device."

That error points to an issue with your audio interface, its drivers or its communication with Logic Pro. I would contact the audio interface manufacturer (or one of them) and ask for tech support help.

 

BTW just to confirm, you don't have any other USB devices connected to your Mac, no hubs?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Should I try uninstalling and reinstalling logic?

No, if your computer doesn't have enough resources to handle the current project, reinstalling Logic won't change a thing. You need to figure out which resources are taxed more (use the CPU and HD monitor in Logic's custom control bar) and take appropriate actions (freeze tracks to lighten up the CPU use or submix tracks if the problem is the HD) or get a more powerful Mac.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dont really have a preference, I looked up the m1 Mac and I think I might get that one. Thank you guys for all the help! If I have any other issues in the future ill be back.

 

Please consider the amount of ports that come with the M1 model you will be choosing. Most of them just have two USB-C (Thunderbolt 3 or USB 4) ports.

The M1 Mac Mini has the most ports and is the cheapest as well. You just have to get a monitor, keyboard and mouse as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...

I had the same problem using Focusrite Scarlett solo with Logic Pro X 10.5.1 (I don't want to update my Mac OS to get latest version). This audio cutting out does not happen in Live 11. This problem was driving me crazy. I temporarily disabled Spotlight and removed CleanMyMac health monitor, and even logged in to all my 3rd party plugins to update them. I also deleted most plugins I didn't want to keep, reset all AU plugins and rescan with LPX Plugin Manager and none of these steps worked. But I did not shut down and restart after reset, so that might have been the problem. 

What worked for me is I set LPX audio prefs in and out to System Setting, and set Mac audio output to Scarlett Solo and this seem to have solved my problem! Also before, I had LPX output to Scarlett but none on LPX input. I tried to recreate this today but LPX is still working. So I think it was a rogue 3rd party plugin, but I don't know which one.

I hope this helps.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...