Loop Length Automation "Glitching"

lordbergfelix
Go to solution Solved by fuzzfilth,

Since my recent post got zero attention I'll give another try!!

Working on a build up part of a track and Im trying to automate a vocal sample as a build up but I'm getting glitches.

My result: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3aryouf37ydakiz/Vocal_build.mp3?dl=0

My goal: (build up @1:50)

I just upgraded to Logic 10.5.0 just so I can use this feature but Its not working as expected..

Any help much appreciated!!

Regards,

Felix

It's a nice effect (the Zedd one). I suppose you could do it manually with audio regions on an audio track, using crossfades as needed for smooth transitions. I'm not sure which feature you're referring to exactly in Logic? Are you using the Sampler instrument? If yes, then how are you programming the MIDI notes that trigger the samples?

It's a nice effect (the Zedd one). I suppose you could do it manually with audio regions on an audio track, using crossfades as needed for smooth transitions. I'm not sure which feature you're referring to exactly in Logic? Are you using the Sampler instrument? If yes, then how are you programming the MIDI notes that trigger the samples?

Im actually routing the loop end from sampler instrument to an LFO Rate, and then automating it from slow to fast so I can get that kind of clock ticking effect of a sample chop to an actual build up (if you know what I mean).

Seriously?? Audio regions, manually?? you got to be kidding me.. that would take like a lifetime to make it right with quantize.

You automate Loop End, Loop Start and Pitch.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-01-04 um 22.55.04.png

Here's my take on it:

Man where were you two years ago?? HAHA :))

I don't know how to thank you! Words can't describe how thankful I am for this.. So happy I got now this figured out

Fkn genius!!!

SO THANKFUL!!

Seriously?? Audio regions, manually?? you got to be kidding me.. that would take like a lifetime to make it right with quantize.

Yes indeed come to think of it you're right that would be way too much work.

Here's my take on it:

Very nice work Christian!! :D

I added a bit more pitch bend at the end to get closer to the original. :D

happy2.zip

Yes indeed come to think of it you're right that would be way too much work.

Here's my take on it:

Very nice work Christian!! :D

I added a bit more pitch bend at the end to get closer to the original. :D

happy2.zip

Yes, thanks David!

I noticed afterwards that the automation was made in piano roll and not in audio region parameters, that took me a few minutes to realise.

Thank you so much for the help, both of you!

Best regards,

Felix