What is the function of the red frequency "highlighter" of the spectrum analyser

maciekrogowiec

Hi I don't even know how to name this frequency "highlighter" in the Channel EQ but regarding what sort of sound source is playing channel eq has spectrum analyser and red and white and red frequency "picture" of the sound source.

What is the role or function of the red I've noticed that sometimes red is not in sync with the white and gentle notch eq(decreasing) of the red spikes gives less harsh sound??

Is this correct that it is showing distortion or something of that nature.

Sorry I am not sure how to name it .I hope you can understand me.

thank you

Not sure what you mean. Can you share a screenshot? How to attach files to your post

Look at the 260 hertz there is this RED representation of frequency of the sound I think its a piano note spectrum has white and red (this thing "the picture of the frequencies ;-p).

Sorry not sure how to called

the red one its like a shadow of the white spectrum analyser

1895715465_ScreenShot2021-12-30at11_14_45.thumb.png.7a8fe0bbbec3c50f51e9d7214854fe8b.png

405205471_ScreenShot2021-12-30at11_14_16.thumb.png.3475d993f47f60a0ec05df7a60badf47.png

That's the two channels of a stereo signal. Red being right channel, as per tradition, haven't tested if that's actually the case here.

Thank you

Can I ask you something else is there a plug in or way in Logic to see how much build up of the frequencies is happening in my composition lets say low mids I have instruments that occupy a lot of this frequency area.I am looking for good mixing tutorial was checking you tube but didn't found anything good yet.mabye you could recommend me something.thank you

So red is right or left signal???

So red is right or left signal???

As I said, I haven't tested it, but there's nothing that stops you from doing that.

As far as frequency buildup, all a plugin could do is try to emulate what your ears do for free. And the analyser display in Logic's EQ should be used the same, don't mix with your eyes, mix with your ears. Listen closely and if something sounds odd, try to guess the frequency (if it's a frequency problem) and only then look at the analyser to confirm or deny your guess. Do this ten times and you'll be ten times better at quickly and correctly identifying problematic frequencies in a recording or mix.