"Track Automation Event List" without shortcut? [SOLVED]

Danny Wyatt
Go to solution Solved by des99,

Is there a way to go to the track automation event list without using a shortcut?

When I use the normal Event tab, I can't seem to go a level deeper (where I assume the track automation is?).

Here's the window without selecting the MIDI region:

155246632_ScreenShot2022-01-01at5_16_05PM.png.5ac43aab953a8c877350e31b70a55520.png

And then when I select the region or I double click "Kick" inside the Events list:

1482019790_ScreenShot2022-01-01at5_16_10PM.png.68630f6ef78dba8e65d26cc4b5240ec4.png

But when I use the shortcut:

370994585_ScreenShot2022-01-01at5_19_54PM.png.5d0e982370ef29662f37f2484ab482ce.png

• Solution
Is there a way to go to the track automation event list without using a shortcut?

When I use the normal Event tab, I can't seem to go a level deeper (where I assume the track automation is?).

No, you can't traverse from normal editors into the automation data by design, and there aren't GUI buttons for this AFAIK.

Use the shortcut, or you can of course save that window once opened into a different screenset, as per any other regularly used editing window.

• Like 1

No, you can't traverse from normal editors into the automation data by design, and there aren't GUI buttons for this AFAIK.

Use the shortcut, or you can of course save that window once opened into a different screenset, as per any other regularly used editing window.

Thanks! :)

I will stick to the shortcut then.

I was never a fan of screen sets. Logic seems to never really fixed the "flashing" when going from one screen set to another. For example I have a screen set with the Tracks window and the Mixer window. I have the Tracks window in front. Now I create a new screen set (duplicate). When I go from one to the other, it always shows me the Mixer window real fast, before going to the Tracks window. This flash was always annoying and I've never really used screen sets for that reason...

309658128_Kapture2022-01-01at18_27_17.gif.c30bda41a682e2ba27235492fdf193c8.gif

• 11 months later...

What is that shortcut?  Not Cmd-7?  I've been wondering for days why I can only see Event data in track lanes, but not an event list.  Even with this thread, I still can't see controller events in an Event list.  I am noticing my Event window doesn't start with "Automation:[Instrument Name]" Does Logic use a separate Event window for Automation?  (Why, Apple, why?)  What am missing?

Screen Shot 2022-12-26 at 21.40.49.jpg

I have never noticed a flash when going to a shortcut. So maybe it’s your setup (using this to described the physical aspects of a computer in use) with a Mac mini that has the hassle - yes I realise that that is not terribly helpful but it maybe that your setup is the problem

Edited by rAC