Logic crashing when importing audio files

Westonuk

Hi everyone

When I’m importing a song to remix into logic I always have the same problem of it freezing the program & crashing.

This is occurring when importing either samples over the top of a song or alternatively adding a song over the top of existing samples. All audio files / song i have tried in both Wav & MP3.

With all MP3s it also changes the tempo of the track & sounds like it’s glitching making it impossible to realign.

Just wondering if anyone may be able to help

Thanks

Please provide details of the Logic version you are using and Mac system, MacOS version, audio interfaces etc.

Start a new, blank project. Are you saying you cannot import a WAV or MP3 file into Logic?

What happens, specifically? What are the formats of the WAV and MP3 files you are using?

What sample rate are you running at?

Logic Pro Version 10.4.1

Using an apple macbook pro 2016 2.4 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7

I can import loops / samples from sample packs without an issue and these are mainly WAV - when importing an MP3 file it crashes the DAW and forces to restart.

Effectively the problem is importing songs to take samples from and then trying to add other sounds, these files are WAV

Running @ 44.1khz

Logic Pro Version 10.4.1

I can import loops / samples from sample packs without an issue and these are mainly WAV - when importing an MP3 file it crashes the DAW and forces to restart.

Effectively the problem is importing songs to take samples from and then trying to add other sounds, these files are WAV

Running @ 44.1khz

Logic Pro Version 10.4.1

On what MacOS version? I don't know why you haven't updated Logic, but if you're running older versions on new MacOS versions, that can cause problems.

I'd back up your 10.4.1 app version, then update it to something more recent, and see if your import issues go away. If Logic is literally crashing asking the system to convert an mp3, then either the files are possibly corrupt/dodgy, or it's probably an OS compatibility issue.

If not, there are other things to try - checking your permissions, seeing what encoding the mp3 file is (sometimes these need to be converted by Logic to work with, other format MP3s can be used directly). Also try trashing your prefs of course, just in case, and trying to run Logic in a new temporary user account and seeing if the import works there.

Let us know when you've tried all these things and what the results were...