Renaming file inside Sampler creates "metadata" file? [SOLVED]

Danny Wyatt
Go to solution Solved by Danny Wyatt,

Can't comment on that, sorry:

Bildschirmfoto 2022-01-05 um 10.53.59.png

I can rename in Quicksampler, but that looks different and works fine, or more precise - creates a copy of the file, with the new name:

Bildschirmfoto 2022-01-05 um 10.57.07.png

This is probably a 10.6.3 feature. I guess you still have 10.5.1 as in your signature?

Also, the thing is that it seems that it changes the name of the file as you sent on your screenshot, but when you go to the folder itself on Finder you will see the original wav file and then another one with a different extension. Can you confirm this?

you still have 10.5.1 as in your signature?

Yes.

it changes the name of the file, but on Finder you will see the original wav file and then another one with a different extension. Can you confirm this?

No. A new WAV file is created with the name I typed in. But that is from Quicksampler, maybe try if at least it works there ?

• Solution
you still have 10.5.1 as in your signature?

Yes.

it changes the name of the file, but on Finder you will see the original wav file and then another one with a different extension. Can you confirm this?

No. A new WAV file is created with the name I typed in. But that is from Quicksampler, maybe try if at least it works there ?

Weird… I just tested it again and it’s working differently. It in fact creates a wav file, not the “metadata” one it created a few days ago, but it’s weird that they call it “rename” when it’s not renaming the file, it’s creating a new copy with the new name. Maybe it’s to protect other projects that use that other Original file and stuff, I get that, but using the word “rename” is a bit misleading…

Anyway, thanks for testing that and sharing your own experience. :) Glad that everything is working now.