Logic 10.7.2 won't load... stuck updating information about Audio Units Plugins...

dr

I have a new 16 macbook pro M1 running Monterey 12.1. I have removed all of the plugins from the components folder and I am not able to launch Logic (spinning beachball). I have tried removing with App Cleaner and reinstalling Logic and the OS. I also deleted my logic preferences and cleared the AU Cache. The only way I can get Logic to start is by ctrl booting without the Core Audio driver.

Any suggestions?

Edited by dr

I was running Native. I tested Rosetta and same issue. Logic was loading fine until I installed the first few 3rd party plugins. Not sure if it's VEP or the Cherry Audio plugins. When I reinstall the plugins it hangs on scanning them.

The plugins work in standalone. I run Logic 10.4.4 on Sierra and it opened fine on my M1 macbook but I cant open any version higher than that one. Do you know what preference effects the "Updating information about Audio Unit Plug ins..." message? That is the where it keeps getting stuck.

If you still have non-native plugins do you have to open Logic with Rosetta 2 or run Native and see which plugins don't work?

I'm getting close to migrating to my new Mac and the "fun" of trouble-shooting, reloading, reauthorizing. My Late 2016 MBP with task bar is stable on Mojave and Logic 10.4.6 so I have that in the bullpen ready to relieve me when I give up in frustration.

I may be wrong but I think you should be able to run Logic without Rosetta and it opens rosetta for your plugins that need it.

After running the Vienna Ensemble Pro Uninstaller logic boots up. Removing plugins from your components folder and clearing preferences and caches is not always the solution.

It is best to boot Logic after installing each plugin set. I have heard of older versions of waveshell causing similar issues.