How to download Logic 10.6.3?

cl516

• 1 month later...

I'm at the end of my rope with Logic. I've got an M1 MacBook Pro, running Monterey and Logic 10.7.4; it is pretty much unusable. I have an ongoing support case with Apple, having submitted files and support documentation, all of which have apparently been submitted to their engineering department. Nothing has been resolved. Logic stutters, spikes, crackles and pops, regardless of how I set my preferences. I have tried everything to get the software to function, including resetting my MacBook form scratch and loading only priority apps and native plugs. No change.

Having researched the issue, I find I am not alone. I also find that downgrading Logic to 10.6 might help. If so, I would appreciate some feedback on the results - and a means to getting 10.6 if that is indeed a solution. Any help is appreciated.

23 hours ago, Drefue said:

I'm at the end of my rope with Logic. I've got an M1 MacBook Pro, running Monterey and Logic 10.7.4; it is pretty much unusable. I have an ongoing support case with Apple, having submitted files and support documentation, all of which have apparently been submitted to their engineering department. Nothing has been resolved. Logic stutters, spikes, crackles and pops, regardless of how I set my preferences.

Definitely an annoying issue, sorry to hear. I'll see if I can help you out in your other thread

• 1 month later...
On 1/11/2022 at 11:09 AM, David Nahmani said:

I can share it with you, I will send you a Private Message.

Hi David,

researching how to make my Studio Recording System with OS 10.13.6 / Logic 10.4.8 compatible with my new Location Recording System on a MacBook Air M1 (OS 11.3.1), i found that the latest Logic Pro 10.7. project can not be opened in 10.4.8.

Reading your post here i would appreciate very much if you could post me how to get access to a Logic Pro 10.6.3 version, whose projects can be opened by Logic 10.4.8 (at least i saw in a video that this works).

Many thanks in advance,

Samuel

Hi Dave,

is it still possible for you to share a Logic 10.6.3? I bought Logic on the Apple Store (see attached Screenshot) but it is not possible for me to update my Computer to 11.5. I'd have to buy a new one...

Thanks in advance from Switzerland,

Samuel

Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-25 um 07.43.17.png

Edited by saltarin

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, zachjdrury said:

I could really use a copy of logic pro x 10.6.3 can someone hook me up?

As pointed out by @David Nahmani right above your message, your best bet is to reach out to Apple at this point as I don’t think the goal of these forums is to be a software sharing platform. Once? Sure. Twice? Maybe. But at this point it seems people are registering just to ask for a copy of a specific version of Logic Pro.

“Helping out”, “doing a favor”, “hooking up”, whatever you wanna call it, it’s still technically illegal (even if you show proof of purchase, since us end-users don’t have the right/permission to disseminate Apples software for them).

Apple links to this site on their official website as a Logic Pro learning resource, I’m sure they wouldn't be nodding in approval at this Topic thread if/when it gets in front of the right person on their end.

IMO this thread should probably just be locked/closed given what it’s turned into at this point, but I am but a humble member with no powers other than a high horse to step on once in a while lol.

Edited by RobertAnthony
Typos

Hey David,

I'm also having a total nightmare...Was using Logic 10.6.3 and updated to Catalina and now Logic keeps opening 10.1.1 and App store won't let me upgrade because I need OS11. I was using Logic 10.6.3 before upgrade so am really confused. Tried everything but getting nowhere. I have no idea what the issue is.

Many thanks in advance,

Malcolm