Full Automatic Decay - Help [SOLVED]

djsnake
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Hey y'all. I wonder if i can automate a parameter in a Synth just by long pressing a key. I mean, when the note is being played for over 2 seconds, decay parameter starts to increase automatically and drops to 0 again when i release the note. Asking it for Massive but any other Synth would work. How can i achieve it?

Thanks.

Okay Let's change decay with Reverb Mix amount. I'm Basically asking how to assign a Parameter's knob to somewhere in the synth so that the Reverb Mix gets pumped up after the key has been pressed for 2 seconds. I've seen something similar in a Serum Preset. The cutoff filter was moving as the note gets played. So it should be possible..

• Solution
Okay Let's change decay with Reverb Mix amount. I'm Basically asking how to assign a Parameter's knob to somewhere in the synth so that the Reverb Mix gets pumped up after the key has been pressed for 2 seconds. I've seen something similar in a Serum Preset. The cutoff filter was moving as the note gets played. So it should be possible..

Yes, that's possible, however that's not automation per se, you do that using envelopes in the synth. In a synth when you play a note, it triggers an ADSR envelope (or some other kind of envelope). You can then route that envelope to any parameter of the synth you want such as reverb if there's a reverb in the synth. Filter cutoff is more common. For example RetroSynth as a dedicated filter envelope (located below the filter itself). Other synths such as ES2, Alchemy or Sampler use the modulation matrix to route a source (Envelope) to a target (Filter):

368089456_ScreenShot2022-01-14at14_35_44.png.1fa3b4d22b8d9e6f93cf6f0b2d31314a.png

823195606_ScreenShot2022-01-14at14_35_12.png.cf17da9aa0dbe2a39b7b3f1877142726.png

1649620921_ScreenShot2022-01-14at14_34_45.png.9dc02699c0a75effbe6b3be2b0f83742.png