Please... avatars? :)

Danny Wyatt

This is not an issue with Logic and I hope David (and the community here) don't get mad that I create this post... :)

I've created a similar one a few years ago, but it's never too much to ask this:

To all members who still don't have an avatar on their profile, please add one: 

1. Click your name at the top right of the forum,
  2. In the pop-up menu, choose "Profile",
  3. On your Profile, click the image icon at the bottom left of your avatar to upload a profile picture (= avatar). 

image.png

It's easier to identify each member in a conversation, it makes everything more personal, and... it just makes threads look prettier! :P

It doesn't have to be your face. It can be any image; even the image of an orange would do. Anything, really.

I know we can always look at the name, but I believe we can all agree that an image always makes everything look more organized, prettier (again), and easier to identify who's saying what.

Thank you all for reading and let's see those new avatars!!! :)

I agree, great initiative Danny! It really helps identifying and distinguishing between different posters, and make the forum more personable, a bit more human. :)

So yes, please do add an avatar using the link Danny provided. Here's an easy way to make your own custom avatar:

1. Take a screenshot (Command-Shift-4 and drag a rectangle) of a photo or image.

2. Double-click your screenshot to open it in Preview.

3. To make a square selection, hold down Shift and drag, then press Command-K to crop:

Crop.gif.2d87f50f9351358d2501fab71a542fb7.gif

4. Choose Tools > Adjust Size and choose 100 pixels for both the height and the width:

Resize.png.df898e01749907b05cec1d889cd11558.png

5. Choose File > Export, in Format, choose JPEG and adjust the Quality slider to get a file under 20kB:

Export.png.cdeb7b80148eb4ab5aed17af62c6e6b3.png

6. Click here, choose the type "Upload Avatar", choose the file you just saved, and submit:

Upload.png.62c2b4e4f9aa74b5174c2c4ed37c3ba8.png

• 1 month later...
wasn't there one with a fly on a white background? that was pretty fun(ny)...

Ugh... how about something like this? :shock:

random.gif

ouch. i rebooted 40 times to make the cursor stop doing that... and then i got it (please don't ask how many times i swatted my screen to kill the fly back when)....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...